Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockheed Engineering Drawings needed  (Read 98608 times)

Alan Harris

• T3
Re: Lockheed Engineering Drawings needed
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »

I also know that the corporate source is, unfortunately, the most likely possibility in this case - however slim it may be.

"Slim" is correct IMO.  I can state from personal experience that Boeing and LM are unable to come up with complete, legible drawing packages for some of their own airframes that are 25+ years newer than the Electra and are still in daily service with USAF and USN, at high inventory levels.

Alan Harris

• T3
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »

not yet up to speed on code: LMAC?  I'll keep poking, but I guess I learned until someone mails me plans I might keep my mouth shut.
Cheers

It's a club/clique thing, got to speak in acronyms and abbreviations or you lose points.  LMAC = Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (also, much less commonly, Lockheed Martin Aircraft Center).  Similarly NGC = Northrop Grumman Corporation.  Boeing is short enough usually to escape this, but there is TBC = The Boeing Company.  Or if you look at my icon, NAA is not one of Roosevelt's New Deal organizations, it is North American Aviation.

No need to be quiet, fresh viewpoints are always welcome.  Goodness knows mine are pretty fresh on occasion.   :D

Kristina Sackett RN

• T1
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »

Lockheed had nothing new, can contact boeing but doubt they would have paper on a plane they don't have yet, but they haven't gotten it since the last post. AFAM ent me to USAM, looks like ric has everything they have. Pima was a bust.
Exactly how many pages of microfilm are we talking? I might have contacts, if the company was asked nice.
Kristina
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:32:22 PM by Kristina Sackett RN »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »

Exactly how many pages of microfilm are we talking?

Microfilm is on reels, not pages.  I'll have to find out from NASM how many reels we're talking about.

Kristina Sackett RN

• T1
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »

the microfilmed engineering drawings for the Lockheed Model 10 in the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum (NASM) archive.  It's a cumbersome, time-consuming process to find the right drawing (the LIST of drawings is 38 pages long)  Can anybody help?

I think is where I got confused about pages and film. Microfilm was before my time. I was only looking for a ballpark number to get an estimate from two companies I work with. They may make it worth my time If I thought it was worth my time. If no one wants the numbers...then I have the answer.

Kristina Sackett RN

• T1
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »

I'm sure this has been thought of and discarded but as a newbie I have to ask.  Is there anyway with all of the pictures and information besides the microfilm, to take those and scan them into a computer program to make the images needed? Do we have the specs on everything to be able to make an accurate image?  Just  a thought.
Kristina

Michael Elliot

• T2
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »

Ric
re. contacts who own, or used to own L-10s, as a source of drawings, parts lists, etc.

Fred Patterson S/N 1026, N38BB, here is his phone:
415 828-1364 . • Fax: 415 828-1364

A second potential contact:
Lockheed S/N 1015
N72GT
Apparent current owner
Linda Finch
NR16020 LLC
2310 Linden Ave
Boulder CO 80304-1619
(1-303-449-4251) this appears to be a home phone no.

Michael Elliot

• T2
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 12:43:07 AM »

Ric,
Another early one. This is in the Pima Museum. Most recent previous owner, below.
S/N 1011    N4963C

Aircraft Registration prior to Deregistration
Name    BEAN ROBERT F
Street    PO BOX 65
City    HAWTHORNE
State    CALIFORNIA    Zip Code    90250
County    LOS ANGELES
Country    UNITED STATES

A fast look did not find a phone for Robert F. Bean. Snail mail will probably suffice. Have you contacted Pima AM re. their holdings of L-10 drawings, parts lists, documents, etc.?

PS. Suggest you always include "Parts Lists" in requests. FYI, my crew chief of the A-26 has a Parts List (albeit for a 1944 military plane) that is near five inches thick of about 9x12. Mind you, he has been building it for at least a decade. It is full of diagrams.

PPS, we do hope Sandy does not have you paddling madly. As I recall, on my way from PHL to the boat at Annapolis, none of Delaware was much more than 10ft above MHW.

Regards

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 04:21:31 AM »

Michael
Good work finding this data but it would be a good idea to email it directly to Ric.  Posting people's home addresses and phone numbers openly on this forum is probably not a great idea given the number of scammers and parasites who harvest info from Internet sites.

Michael Elliot

• T2
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »

Matt
Understand.
Anything I list here is public domain.
See FAA N List.
Google "phone for . . . " and you'll likely come up with a number for 60-70% of the names you enter.

In my world, no private info goes in any computer anywhere -- by definition, once in a computer, it is no longer private -- it can be reached, even if not wired to the internet.

Regards

Michael Elliot

• T2
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »

Appended pic of left main gear retracted turned up recently on a Spanish language page,
http://www.aviationcorner.net/gallery.asp?aircraft_type=Lockheed%20L-10&aircraft_type_id=777
It is the clearest I've seen yet.
The plane is S/N 1037 (was N1571N) and is in the Science Museum in London.
Miguel Martin Cordeiro claims copyright. I provide it on the basis it is non-commercial provision to a non-profit entity.
BTW, note the rivet patterns. They will show you positions of ribs, spars and reinforcements.

Michael Elliot

• T2
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:07 PM »

Ric,
The L-10 Parts List pub. is still available on stuffinder.com. Our experience with Douglas, NA, and other parts lists from WW-II era is that they are invaluable. As I haven't seen this, and it's from the early '30s, I cannot assure details. Do you already have this, or have you decided you don’t want it. If neither, it’s probably worth the $100 Tom Heitzman is asking for it.

Alan Harris

• T3
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »

Ric,
The L-10 Parts List pub. is still available on stuffinder.com. Our experience with Douglas, NA, and other parts lists from WW-II era is that they are invaluable. As I haven't seen this, and it's from the early '30s, I cannot assure details. Do you already have this, or have you decided you don’t want it. If neither, it’s probably worth the $100 Tom Heitzman is asking for it.

I think in this post Ric said they already have it and it hasn't proved all that helpful for visual identification purposes.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »

Hi All

Probably of no use, But the fact the teenager in the video has access to repair log and possibly the build plans for Earhart's Electra may be worth getting in touch with him.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/part-of-earharts-plane-found

Apologies if this has already been subject to discussion

Thank's Richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2013, 02:28:39 PM »

Probably of no use, But the fact the teenager in the video has access to repair log and possibly the build plans for Earhart's Electra may be worth getting in touch with him.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/part-of-earharts-plane-found

Apologies if this has already been subject to discussion

Ric participated in the making of the show, I believe.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org