Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better Earhart Websites and Forums  (Read 12636 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Better Earhart Websites and Forums
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

The purpose of this thread is to help dissatisfied customers who feel that they have not gotten value for the money they have paid to belong to the TIGHAR Forum to find websites and Forums that are more to their liking.

The internet, like the sky, is roomy and all-inclusive.  I am eager to help people find websites where all questions are treated with equal respect, where there are no constraints on freedom of speech, and where vituperation of the folks who host the forum is welcome.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

dave burrell

• T3
Re: Better Earhart Websites and Forums
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »

I doubt a "better" website exists given the subject matter.

Randy Reid

• T1
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »

the reason I frequent this website (TIGHAR) is not that I believe in the Nikumaroro landing theory, but because this site has the most information AND other web links to Amelia Earhart. Also it is pretty entertaining at times ::) ;D
Randy

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »

Marty, thou dost wax eloquent however, those who may be dissatisfied may also not understand that five dollar word "vituperation".  Just sayin'.  ;D
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »

Well said Jeff! Many thanks. :D
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »

Excellent, Jeff - very profound.  :)
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:18:24 AM »

Looks like were still waiting!!!!

Stacy Galloway

• T2
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »

My support is wholeheartedly behind TIGHAR. I do read and research other Earhart theories. TIGHAR's Niku theory is well balanced, well thought out, and well researched.

TIGHAR is always the first to 'disprove' rather than 'overly prove' its own evidence and I appreciate the cautious approach.

I believe that no matter how fervently one may believe an idea or theory, its always best to research to opposing views. This can lead to new revelations or suppressed information. In this case, I've found no theory, website, or group that presents a more thorough, scientific, and analytical approach to the Earhart mystery. Most don't have discussion forums and of the few that do, they spend a surprising amount of time bashing TIGHAR. Which leads me to another thing I appreciate about TIGHAR- opposing theories are not needlessly bashed.

So, in short, 'no' I have found no better Earhart websites or forums.

Thank you TIGHAR for carving out your little slice of the Internet. It may be bumpy, but I'm glad I'm along for the ride.

LTM~ who doesn't mind the bumps,
Stacy
TIGHAR #4284R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 02:56:51 AM »

Well I can't comment if this one is better as its members only! earhart forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org