Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sure is quiet  (Read 10590 times)

Gary LaPook

• T5
Sure is quiet
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »

For some reason the Forum seems subdued this month. There were 1309 posts in June, 1670 in July but only 297 so far this month and 27 of them were from me.

gl

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: Sure is quiet
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »

Yep. I'm guessing without something to wet our appetite, people are doing other things. Even the TIGHAR website is quiet. I hate suspence.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:59:17 AM by Tom Swearengen »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:26:18 AM »

I think it's more to do with it being summer holidays than anythink else.

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »

The calm before the storm Gary  ;)
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »

You have done a great job in tidying up the forum Jeff. It makes life a lot easier.
This must be the place

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »

I agree. :D
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »

A number of those posts are by relative new-comers and may not attract so much interest because some of us feel like we already covered it - but consider feeding a newcomer to encourage them is my thought on that.
Jeff -
This comment fits me.  I posted a couple of things I thought were a little worthy.  Such as in my thread about beaching the Electra. The subject had drifted from beaching to navigation - so I submitted the one about how the Japanese were able to reduce Howland Island to rubble on December 8th -  they probably didn't have benefit of RDF or black smoke - was this better navigation or better luck?  But the forum flying instructors were jousting over navigating procedures , and completely  covered  me up.  :D Please don’t misunderstand me - I’m not complaining.  There is so much knowledge to be gained here - I enjoy doing  a lot of reading.  There is a thread somewhere here where a member is saying “goodbye” because  he doesn’t have anything to offer in the forum.   Regarding flying, I don’t have anything  to offer either - but there is so much to learn. :D
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

Thanks, Jeff.
I notice that one of your job is cleaning up spelling.  ;D
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org