Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: NIKU VII  (Read 274452 times)

Lisa Anne Hill

• T1
Re: NIKU VII
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 03:46:31 PM »

It's getting close! (I'm here, Tom S., never fear...)
Hopefully will be able to post some pics tomorrow or Monday...I can't figure out how to get my photos on the forum! Help! I've tried to 'attach' a pic but it doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks,

Lisa

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

It's getting close! (I'm here, Tom S., never fear...)
Hopefully will be able to post some pics tomorrow or Monday...I can't figure out how to get my photos on the forum! Help! I've tried to 'attach' a pic but it doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks,

Lisa

When you're keying your text in, just look below the white box .... there's a clickable thingee "Attachments and other options." It allows you to attach up to 4 pictures.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »

I don't know bout you all...but this suspense is starting to kill me! Afterall, you're looking at a guy who found this woman interesting since grade school, and has been a part of the forum for many years. Like so many of you...I've had alot of late nights and alot of early mornings ponderin on certain questions and theories that have been brought to play! Overall, its brought us together as a group to solve the greatest mystery of all time. I think Ric needs to place a clock in the upper hand corner of the website. Kinda of like the liftoff clock at Cape Canaveral. Anyway, whatever the outcome and I can honestly say that its been alot of fun over the years!!! In the coming days it will be intense suspense for those aboard the crew and for Ric, we can only imagine a new father waiting patiently in the birthin waiting room. Its kinda of like a surprise birthday party and we're just waiting  for that door to open up and there she'll be. Or will it be a retirement party!!! Either way, most of you will agree that its been alot of fun. I was really overtaken by those at the conference in D.C. who have become addicted to one woman and what she has stood for in American History. It was quite evident of those who drew upon her exhibit at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Mostly those were young girls fascinated by her accomplishments and there hearts cry "If Amelia could do it....So can I" attitude!!! I was truly taken by the thought how this woman could make an impact long after she's gone. If in the coming days, Ric and the crew do find something...I believe it is our duty to recognize her nationally by a major monument or some form of ceremony. Maybe a day in her honor...Amelia Earhart Day!!! She may have had a hard time landing planes, but I can honestly say she had more guts than I ever will to get in a plane 15 minutes after seeing it. Anyway, the days are counting down and in just two days we will mark that fateful day 75 years ago!!! Let's all pray for Ric, the Tighar Crew, those involved with ship operations, and those running all the mini-subs, for their personal safety. We pray that there will finally be an answer and a resolve, and that finally a chapter in American History will finally be read! Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 07:29:04 AM »

Very well said Randy. Amelia has touch us all in certain ways. Yes, Godspeed to Ric & Co for a safe trip to Niku, for finding what we are looking for, and returning safely with the evidence we need to solve this mystery.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jon Romig

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 05:03:39 PM »

I, a recent donor and latecomer to this forum, also wish success, and the best of luck, to the Niku VII team.

At the same time I am disturbed that so many of us appear to believe that "THIS IS IT!" - that Niku VII will finally provide the positive proof we are all seeking and hoping for. Unfortunately, there are many reasons that Niku VII could fail, too many to enumerate. How can anyone believe that the odds of success exceed 25% or so?

So I offer my hearty "good hunting" to the team, but I am also in this for the long haul, which is likely what it will take.

Patience and perseverance has done it so far. Meanwhile, let's enjoy the chase.
Jon Romig 3562R

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »

I, a recent donor and latecomer to this forum, also wish success, and the best of luck, to the Niku VII team.

At the same time I am disturbed that so many of us appear to believe that "THIS IS IT!" - that Niku VII will finally provide the positive proof we are all seeking and hoping for. Unfortunately, there are many reasons that Niku VII could fail, too many to enumerate. How can anyone believe that the odds of success exceed 25% or so?

So I offer my hearty "good hunting" to the team, but I am also in this for the long haul, which is likely what it will take.

Patience and perseverance has done it so far. Meanwhile, let's enjoy the chase.

Welcome to the madhouse Jon!
I for one expect this trip to come up with something more than bits of broken glass, clam shells and turtle bones. The guys have put in a lot of effort recently and deserve a break. It will be a boost to find aircraft wreckage on the reef and should provide a big piece of the jigsaw regarding the Electra and its whereabouts. If not here then...well, it's the remains of someones aircraft.
IMHO of course
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 07:46:51 PM »

Hi Jon, and welcome from me too! You now, some members may be right, and the pictures are of lumps of coral. Some may be right, and it may be aircraft wreckage. I would think that most of us agree that the search is warranted, whatever becomes of it. The results of the search wont be debated, although the theories will be. Thats why we search.
Jump in---the water is warm, although there are sharks in the area!!

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »

Bruce--you arent going? :o (!) Hopefully we will get some daily updates with "breaking news'

Watch this spot!
I have been watching that spot in your post but it has not moved yet.

First post for the Niku VII expedition has been put into place.  In the immortal words of Jack Lord/Steve McGarrett, "Book[mark] 'im, Danno!"  <sigh> Oh, for the good old days when I lived in Honolulu and the Hawaii Five-O production trailers would zip past on the highway. </sigh> Maybe if we all think good thoughts, a current TIGHAR living in the Honolulu area will perform a drive-by of the K-O-K and give us a report.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »

TIGHAR,
Thanks for sharing the story of these two adventures taking place 75 years apart.
To the NIKU VII team, a safe voyage and good luck.
3971R

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »

BBC news coverage UK + TV coverage 2nd July 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18670048
This must be the place

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 06:27:05 AM »

July 2, 2012 -- the 75th anniversary.

On NBC's Today show, shortly after 8 a.m. EDT, Brian Williams teased a report that'll appear on this evening's NBC Nightly News about the Niku VII expedition.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »

Randy---all of us ( i think) are on pins and needles! Gee wouldnt it be nice if we had a live feed to see what was going on!!! I guess we'll just have to see the daily reports, and the discovery show.
Tom

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 07:30:45 AM »

July 2, 2012 -- the 75th anniversary.

On NBC's Today show, shortly after 8 a.m. EDT, Brian Williams teased a report that'll appear on this evening's NBC Nightly News about the Niku VII expedition.

I saw it. Just hope they get the story close to right. I guess that sometimes any publiciity is better than none. Maybe help the fund raising.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Ricker H Jones

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »

The first of the "daily reports" is up here.

Lisa Anne Hill

• T1
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »

This is gonna be a great day!

At noon or so Hawaii time I will be down at the UH marine research center, presenting Ric a small token of well-wishes from his friends on the forum (I hope no one minds me speaking on their behalf!) ;D
He was very gracious to offer me a tour of the ship and a ride down to the fueling dock (mini-harbor cruise). So...I'm callling in sick today. LOL
If I can ever find out how to get images from my computer posted here...sigh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org