Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: NIKU VII  (Read 274369 times)

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: NIKU VII
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »

Probably not a brake hose like I first thought last year. Jeff Nevill and I thrashed that pretty throughly. Black coral---thats for our geololgists friends. BUT----if I'm right---we'll ALL have one on Ric! LOL

Wow---that does bring up and interesting question for Mike and the ROV guys----how much 'lifting" capacity does the ROV have? We know it did a great job getting the Air France flight recorders, but 'could' it lift something like a gear strut? That is, of course, that its there.
tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »

i believe the black squigy will be the rubber sleeve cover for the pipes  :-X
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »

just watching this video on youtube of an Electra, it's not hard to see why the landing gear was so fragile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=halcPvrj-hI
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

George Pachulski

• T1
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »

I wish them luck , but ten thousand years of coconut husks, bird guanno, and a big, big, deep ocean full of coral hunks from the settlers ship waterway slip may give them a lot of rouble trouble.  Not to mention the gynormous aft end of the Norwich herself  sittin on an electra ....leaves me to speculate ... I have a queasy feeling about this ..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:54:33 AM by George Pachulski »

don hirth

• T1
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »

Re: Leon White's predictions........I hope/believe, that one or more 'heavy' (non-floatable) items are found and with the necessary 'preliminary scratching/probing' a definite LINK with AEs Electra
is established. I'm thinking in terms of engines, instrument panel, interior fuel tanks, wheel
assemblies or portions of the airframe (skeleton) Of course aluminum parts which can be matched would also be welcome. I only wish that addn. provision was incl. in THIS trip for removal and 'capture."  As to the island itself, I fear that colonists, weather, overgrowth and
father time have combined to preclude any meaningful discoveries. ('Hope I'm wrong on this)

Bless the expedition and all of its participants. Work safely and with imagination and may Lady Luck, once again rear her head!
dlh

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 12:39:18 PM »

HUMMMM --nothing from our on site reporter---LISA ANNE where are you??????? ;D

Cynthia M Kennedy

• T1
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »

I will be eagerly awaiting the news from NIKU VII--that the Electra has been located.

Prayers for a safe journey.

LTM,

Cindy
TIGHAR #3167

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »

I will be eagerly awaiting the news from NIKU VII--that the Electra has been located.

LTM,

Cindy
TIGHAR #3167

That's the important bit Cindy
This must be the place

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »

AMEN!
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

JC Sain

• T1
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »

Safe trip for everyone. Fingers crossed.

My prediction is based on how things have gone so far. Which seems to be the hard way. Thus the Electra is covered with debris from the ship. If parts can be found and identified they are under tons of ship and cannot be recovered at this depth.

I hope to be wrong.

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »

A FedEx press release at 1 p.m. today says this about Niku VII:  "The 26-day expedition and its findings will be captured by a film crew from Discovery Channel and aired as a documentary in August 2012. "
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »

Bruce--you arent going? :o (!) Hopefully we will get some daily updates with "breaking news'

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

Bruce--you arent going? :o (!) Hopefully we will get some daily updates with "breaking news'

Watch this spot!
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

JC Sain

• T1
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »

I have been watching that spot in your post but it has not moved yet.

Sheila Shigley

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »

Best of luck and Godspeed, Ric and crew!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org