Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Three completely amazing things I learned at the Earhart 75 Forum  (Read 26553 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: Three completely amazing things I learned at the Earhart 75 Forum
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »

Will have to wait till the wife goes to bed.  Last time I looked at Russian Ladies on the internet I was in the dog house for weeks  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK was expecting something mystic but a Russian Chick with a fetish for big earings and fake fur.  Someone's pulling my chain  :-[

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:13 PM »

Will have to wait till the wife goes to bed.  Last time I looked at Russian Ladies on the internet I was in the dog house for weeks  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK was expecting something mystic but a Russian Chick with a fetish for big earings and fake fur.  Someone's pulling my chain  :-[
No, seriously, just think of Boris and Natasha on the "Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" and you will get an accurate idea of Julia.

gl

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 06:43:40 PM »

No.  This is the woman who paid her registration fees, attended all of the sessions, distributed copies of her book on DVD, and attempted to explain her reincarnation science at every possible opportunity.

Someone must have mentioned her a while ago.  I remember seeing the cover of the first edition of her book.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Emily Cooke

• T1
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »

Hi all,

I am the youngish person who kept piping up at the symposium this weekend.  Just wanted to second others' comments about what a thoroughly wonderful experience it was to be with a group of people from such different backgrounds and perspectives who are all so enthusiastically dedicated to thoughtfully addressing a fascinating puzzle.  I could not have enjoyed myself more and only wish I'd had more time to meet and spend time with more of you.  It was like summer camp!  Thank you all for contributing to such a delightful weekend. 

I'd also add, as others have said, that I could not have been more impressed with the dedication, professionalism, and warm humor of Ric and all the Tighar folks.  What a privilege to have a chance to hear them speak about their work and ask all the questions we could think of.

I hope to see you all at the next one!

best,
emily cooke

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »

Great to have you here Emily--Jeff we were there and I still dont believe what I saw!! Like Marty said, she paid her reqistration fee, and stayed throught out. And ---had the fortitute to say what was on her mind. Got to admit----it was something!
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 05:40:00 AM »

Gee Emily--where were you sitting?

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:29 AM »

My goodness---there were alot of members in DC, but only a few of us are posting here. I think it would be nice to have some of those others give their impressions---under the veil of not having to raise your hand, or stand up and be recognised. Its ok---really!!!!

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

One other amazing thing I learned - during an auction, if Gillespie offers to autograph any item, its value automatically goes down. The power of that Eternal Hologram truly is amazing.

LTM, who still block prints everything,

Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »

you are right Monty!! I just noticed that.

Emily Cooke

• T1
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »

Thanks, Tom and Jeff!  Tom, I sat mostly in the back row, but migrated to the center of the room on the last day. 

In the small-world category, I went to the conference fully expecting not to know a single person there.  So I was completely stunned to run into Paul Schweizer, a good family friend whose daughter is my close friend and college roommate.  Go figure!

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »

Yep is is a small world---and TIGHAR has assembled alot of people from various arts and sciences. So---whereeer you go, you will probably run into someone that we all know!!

Colin Philip Cobb

• T1
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »

Hello to all the crew.

Just back from Washington Dc, yes I was there the whole week.
Wife and baby too.  Conference was great, met a good bunch of crazy people.
Super to meet Gary La Pook, my favourite forum poster and all round nice bloke.
Also to big Irv , Tom,  randy, Tom King, Andrew McKenna and Bill.
And a big thanks to Ric Gillespie for giving me permission to present the lost Earhart footage of her Derry landing in 1932. It was well received by all.

And a special mention to Julia or julie for her eternal hologram theory, mad as a box of frogs but brightened the conference up. Actually there was 3 people at the conference who thought they were Amelia Earhart in a previous life. Well these symposiums can be a bit of crank magnet but good fun.

I ended up as Ric Gillespies body guard to protect him from his own board members who had the cheek to question him on expedition matters. All in good humour.

Saturday night was priceless as we had a superb tighar dinner and auction. I was thwarted in my efforts to win the bid on a model of the lockheed vega which ended up going for $ 400.
my wife would of divorced me. 
Many a beer was drank downstairs at the Marriott hotel bar with all the gang.
I had the privilege of sitting in on heated debate over all things Earhart between Ric, Art, Andrew McKenna, Bill and myself.  It was the tighar inner circle, quite a treat i must say.

Sadly on Sunday it all came to an end, 3 days of lecture, debate, revelations , enlightenment and Julie.  Worth every penny.
Good luck tighar for July.
If no luck then the Irish may have to dispatch their Guinness powered ROV to Niku. I do fear most of that fuel may be drunk before we arrive.

A big thanks once again and big hello to a great team.

Colin Cobb

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org