Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Three completely amazing things I learned at the Earhart 75 Forum  (Read 26556 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."

If you weren't there, you missed out on a TON of good information. Three of my personal gems:

1) Ric Gillespie has his own, personal, Eternal Hologram. ALL of the information about his current and past lives has been preserved, along with his possible future, and kept waiting, along with all skills, knowledge and habits and memories accumulated during his current mundane existence. This Eternal Hologram is stronger than any known force. How did I come by this amazing bit of knowledge? Easy! Our on-site psychic told me. Heck, handed out a synopsis of her book along with a bonus DVD! Bet you're sorry you missed out!

2) Gary LaPook, is a very nice man who will never, every agree that any of the post-lost radio signals are valid, that Amelia and Fred ended up on Niku, or that the sky is blue. Well, we're still debating the last one. Reams of navigational computations and film at 11! Another priceless gem!

3) Jeff Glickman is da' bomb when it comes to making tatty old photos give up all their secrets, and he does it in such a diffident and matter-of-fact way that you just absolutely know he's right. Important Sub-Lesson: Cropping photos before the technical wizzards get a chance to go over them is bad. Very, very badddddddddddddddddd  ;D Well worth the entire trip, just to see a little bit of history being made right before your eyes!

LTM, who has a blast,

Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189CER

Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Three completely amazing things I learned at the Earhart 75 Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »

I'm too wiped out to identify three top things.  Some random points:

1. TIGHAR has not searched the area it now considers likely to have been the location for Camp Zero.

2. Sailors used lipstick, rouge, or other red materials to paint the belly of Neptune's baby.  Those undergoing initiation had to kiss the baby's belly as part of the hazing.  The red material was replenished after each kiss in order to make sure that the next pollywog got the full benefit of the kiss.

3. Getting together is fun.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »

If I may---I learned that alot of people, from diverse backgrounds, can have different opinions, be locked up in a room for 2 1/2 days and get along. AND 'genereally " agree on some things.
If I can say a couple of things here--. For those of you that were not able to make it, you missed a very well organized conference, and a very nice location. The amount of work Ric & TIGHAR has put into this project is unbelievable! The quality of people that not only are on staff, but were in the room this weekend is also unblieveable. More people with initials after their names than I could count. I just appreciate the opprotunity to be able to sit down, listen , and learn from all of you. Meeting alot of members of this forum was also a treat. I want to say this---if you get a chance to sit down and get to know some of these people, then sometimes opinions change. I learned alot this weekend from all of you, and I'm proud to be associated with you in this venture.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »

1) Ric Gillespie has his own, personal, Eternal Hologram. ALL of the information about his current and past lives has been preserved, along with his possible future, and kept waiting, along with all skills, knowledge and habits and memories accumulated during his current mundane existence. This Eternal Hologram is stronger than any known force. How did I come by this amazing bit of knowledge? Easy! Our on-site psychic told me. Heck, handed out a synopsis of her book along with a bonus DVD! Bet you're sorry you missed out!

More info please  ;D

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »

... handed out a synopsis of her book along with a bonus DVD! Bet you're sorry you missed out!

More info please  ;D

Russian.

Long blond hair.

Has lived in Canada for 20+ years.

Well-dressed.

Claims to be a scientist.  I think she also claimed to be Amelia.

Did finally persuade Ric to let her have a few minutes to present her theory.  I missed that part.  I stepped out to continue a conversation with Randy Jacobson about stolen yachts and murder on the high seas.

The attached image is from the DVD she was distributing free of charge to one and all. 

Youtube video starring Julia.  She didn't talk about how the Jaguar fits into TIGHAR's work.

Looks like she has her own website, too: http://www.ameliareborn.com/
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:43:23 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »

Ah the lady who puts the Electra at Gardner but off the shoe site?

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »

Chris---if yo speak Russian, you can translate for me--

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »

Comrade Tom

unfortunatly not Da!

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »

Russian.

Long blond hair.

Has lived in Canada for 20+ years.

Well-dressed.

Claims to be a scientist.  I think she also claimed to be Amelia.

Did finally persuade Ric to let her have a few minutes to present her theory.  I missed that part.  I stepped out to continue a conversation with Randy Jacobson about stolen yachts and murder on the high seas.

The attached image is from the DVD she was distributing free of charge to one and all. 

Youtube video starring Julia.  She didn't talk about how the Jaguar fits into TIGHAR's work.

Looks like she has her own website, too: http://www.ameliareborn.com/
"Big trouble for moose and squirrel, daalink."

gl
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:03:39 PM by Gary LaPook »

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »

The jaguar is probably a reincarnation of her favorite coconut crab.   ;D
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

Is that what her "2 minutes of fame" was about? Rats ... I gotta' go back and look at my notes ...

LTM, who doesn't always get it the first time,

Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »

I couldnt take notes-----could nt understand a word she said. Apparently Jeff does!

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »

Will have to wait till the wife goes to bed.  Last time I looked at Russian Ladies on the internet I was in the dog house for weeks  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »

1. The TIGHAR operation is amazing large, competent, and professional, using the best technology that can be used for this type of research. It is all very impressive. The presentations were high quality all the way.

2. I felt like Daniel walking into the lion's den, expecting everyone at the symposium to be hostile to me. I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised how many came up to greet me and to ask for further explanation of the points I have been making.

3. I met a lot of great people, Irv from Canada (thanks for all that Guinness), Colin from Belfast (more Guinness), Paul Schweizer (I got my glider rating in one of your gliders), Tom Swearengen, Jeff and his son Phil, Martin Moleski, Andrew McKenna (good talking about swimming with sharks), many others and, of course, Natasha, er I mean, Julia. Good discussions, well into the night.

I finally met Ric after ten years of being a thorn in his side. Colin Cobb had just introduced himself to me when Ric came walking past us. I said "Ric," he stopped and I put out my had to shake. I said "Gary LaPook"  and Ric took a half step back before taking my hand. It was quite humorous. I am glad that I finally had a chance to meet him and I appreciate that he allowed me plenty of opportunity to express to the group the reasons for my doubts about the Gardner hypothesis. Thanks Ric.

gl

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »

After having a day to digest things, I want to express to ALL on this forum, and the members in attendence in DC, my appreciation for all of you. I echo Garys comments on the professionalism of this group. Gary, you again were very cordial and gave me some insight into things I hadnt thought of.  To Ric, Tom King, Randy,  Jeff Glickman, Lonnie, is was a pleasure to meet all of you, and get insights from experts in their fields. For a guy like me, it was truely a one in a lifetime event. Bob Brandenburg wasnt present, but his audio presentation made me look at alot of things in a different perspective.
Marty Moleski is as fine a man as anyone could hope to meet. Very glad to finally meet him, and get alot of insightful tidbits. Jeff Neville, Irv Donald, Bruce Thomas, thanks for letting me hang out. Jeff----a G280 would have been nice to fly home in last nite---how about work on that for us!
For those members that were not able to attend, if I can give you something to chew on: Ric Gillespie is the renowned expert on the Earhart disappearance. Many bits of information, not generally known were shared by Ric. But, as much as Ric is the face of TIGHAR, Par Thrasher is the glue that holds things together. Need to know something, get with Pat. Need a picture to start a media frenzy---Pat's your gal!. TIGHAR has assembled ALOT of data, but I think more important, is the members and experts it has attracted to this project. I was extremely impressed with everyone. Hats off the the entire organization.
Tom

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org