Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could become Valuable  (Read 7667 times)

Brad Beeching

• T3
Could become Valuable
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »

I didn't search to see if anyone else posted something like this, but this could become pretty valuable should TIGHAR find the Electra at Niku.

Amelia's Electra

Brad
Brad

#4327R

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:34:13 AM by Brad Beeching »

Irvine John Donald

• T5
Re: Could become Valuable
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »

Hey Brad. That's cool!  Is it really an original issue stamp? 
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Brad Beeching

• T3
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »

I just recieved my issue of the model. It is quite nice and is well molded. I don't know about the stamp, I only opened the box, not the bag the parts are in. I did that because I don't want to lose any parts.

I will tell you, holding it and seeing it assembled in your minds eye, while thinking about the reef and all the other clues, has some impact. It brought it from just an idea to reality for just a moment.

Brad
Brad

#4327R

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »

Did you find the stamp?
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »

Enjoy the kit. I have the original Williams Bros. kit (my second one was donated to the TIGHAR auction at the Earhart 75 symposium) and I'm going to get to it ... someday! And I plan to model it successfully landed on the reef flat at Niku. So, being the dilligent, detail-oriented modeler that I am, I just had to have a vial of the Sands of Nikumaroro. A steal at only $50 from the TIGHAR store, and as close as I am ever likely to get to the real thing.

LTM, who tends to go way overboard,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org