Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Compact  (Read 14630 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
The Compact
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:35:00 AM »

Here's something that has been bugging me for a while so I thought i'd throw it into thr ring.  In post war years how would a women treat her compact?

Would they be items of value to be re used time and again or the more throw away items you have today?

If the former then it makes it less likely that the compact was discarded on purpose by a female travelling through the island.  Yes lost but not necesserily discarded.

Also if say it was dropped and damaged, say the mirror broke the former would make it more likly that they would keep it so that a new mirror could be found and also the chance of getting a whole new compact i the area would be slim and the lady needs to kep up appearences.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:36:38 AM by Chris Johnson »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: The Compact
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:04:37 AM »

Thats interesting Chris. I remember my mother used to guard her compact like her wallet--
So maybe if it was AE's, there could be some documentation of that.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »

That may actually be a link to AE---if we can show a compact like that in her possession.

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »

hey Jeff--AE did meet with various diplomats on her trip, so carrying the compact would not be out of the question--IMHO.
tom

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »

Mrs. Putnam left Koepang today at 8 a.m. (Darwin time), so that the flight to Darwin occupied 3 hours 26 minutes.  She said that she was flying as fast as comfort and safety would permit.

Google Earth shows the distance from Kupang, Indonesia, to Darwin, Australia, to be 445 nm (512 miles) between the modern-day airports of the two cities.  That amount of flight time works out to an average of 130 knots (149 mph) ground speed, if anyone's interested.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »

hey Jeff--AE did meet with various diplomats on her trip, so carrying the compact would not be out of the question--IMHO.
tom
True...just days before she disappeared, she"powdered her nose" before exiting the Elecra in Darwin as described in the Melbourne Argus:

We all know that euphemism. :D
gl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org