Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oxford Nessie shot  (Read 21074 times)

bonne Nee

• T1
Oxford Nessie shot
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:53 AM »

The information passed on may not be  totally accurate, but the picture at 1:06 is interesting.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1545457143001/new-clues-in-amelia-earhart-disappearance
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:53:16 PM by bonne Nee »

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
Re: Different Nessie shot
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:08:24 AM »

Same photo, looks like it has been enhanced before Fox got it.

Typical hard core reporting by Fox news.  I love how he says that the State Dept gave $500k to the search, that we found the bones in 2010, and that Gardner Island is under water for "months at a time", "just pure sand".

Sheesh, you would think they'd check a few facts, but the guy is making it up along the way.  They can't even google an image of the island to see that it actually has trees.

Andrew

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Nessie shot
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

It's the Oxford copyrighted Nessie photo Andrew. Fox must have forked out the cash to pay for the copyright to put it into the public domain. That said, nothing else in the clip is accurate, possibly the date the newscast was put out ;D
This must be the place

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
Re: Oxford Nessie shot
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »

Andrew
As an Administrator your comments should be directed to Fox News, Megyn Kelly and Trace Gallagher.  They are just readers with pretty faces and nice suits and dresses.  It's their producers who put those "pieces" together and got everything wrong.  They need to be corrected by TIGHAR, especially about the 500k$ (or is State paying for the expedition in July?)
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:18 PM »

The information passed on may not be  totally accurate, but the picture at 1:06 is interesting.
Is the 500k from the State Dept. relayed in the video correct ?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1545457143001/new-clues-in-amelia-earhart-disappearance
Hi,
thank you for linking the Fox News. OK, it's not just accurate what was spoken, but the zoom of the Nessie at 1:06 is amazing. Very, very interesting!
Oskar

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »

They need to be corrected by TIGHAR, especially about the 500k$ (or is State paying for the expedition in July?)

The State Department "paid" for the utilities used in the room (lights, air-conditioning) and for the room itself.

No other government money has been spent on the project.

TIGHAR prepared the visual materials used in the presentation.

There may have been some expenses involved in hosting the representative from Kiribati, but those would be normal expenses for any visitors to D.C. 

TIGHAR is raising all of the funds necessary to conduct the expedition from private sources.  If anybody wishes to make a special donation for Niku VII, here is how to contact the organization.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
Re: Nessie shot
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »

It's the Oxford copyrighted Nessie photo Andrew. Fox must have forked out the cash to pay for the copyright to put it into the public domain. That said, nothing else in the clip is accurate, possibly the date the newscast was put out ;D

Jeff - How do you know this?

I realize the talking heads are basically empty, and only regurgitate what they are fed by the production folks, but the bit about Gardner island being underwater months at a time was clearly made up on the fly by the guy trying to fill airtime, not his producer.

amck

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »

*watches "news" cast, laughs* Don't you guys know that Fox News is an oxymoron?  ::)

LTM, who plays his facts straight,

Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »

i tend to agree i have better images of nessie than that,

jeff u posted a image ov nessie clearer than that a while back  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Heath Smith

• T4
Re: Oxford Nessie shot ?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »

Love the part where he says the island goes under water for months at a time.

1756 miles from Lae to Howland?

The government gave $500K?

They starved, that is news to me?

Anyone count up the total mistakes in that report?

Pretty funny.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

There may have been some expenses involved in hosting the representative from Kiribati, but those would be normal expenses for any visitors to D.C. 

Nope.  TIGHAR paid all the travel expenses for both Sec. Lambourne and her husband - business class. 

As Marty said, the lights and air conditioning in the room on March 20 are the extent of government financial support for this project.

I'll say this for FOX News - they're consistent.  They always get it wrong.

Dale O. Beethe

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »

I'd have to say that anyone who relies on ANY television news for accurate reporting is bound to be sadly disappointed.  I base this on personal experience both as a State Trooper here and as a Marine in Somalia.  Unfortunately, most reporters (especially the TV versions) are far more concerned with their personal agendas, whether they be career goals, political, etc. , than in sound journalism.   One reason I enjoy this forum is that the participants tend to advance arguments based on research and logic, as opposed to what might sound good in a twenty second TV news story.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 12:22:58 AM »

I'd have to say that anyone who relies on ANY television news for accurate reporting is bound to be sadly disappointed.  I base this on personal experience both as a State Trooper here and as a Marine in Somalia.  Unfortunately, most reporters (especially the TV versions) are far more concerned with their personal agendas, whether they be career goals, political, etc. , than in sound journalism.   

Absolutely true!!! I'm from Europe (Austria), and it's all the same!  :(

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:31 AM »

I'd have to say that anyone who relies on ANY television news for accurate reporting is bound to be sadly disappointed.

Amen to that.  I left my last TV with the ex-wife in 1994, and haven't been connected to a TV network since, not satellite, not cable, not even rabbit ears, and I haven't missed it at all.  Well, OK, once a year I try to watch the Super Bowl, mostly to see the ads.  For those of you who do watch regularly, you have no idea how riveting the TV can be, and it has nothing to with plot.  The graphic images are simply captivating to a human brain. 

Sorry, getting off topic here, but it is sad to see how much dis-information gets disseminated by the "news".

amck

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 05:05:04 AM »

Andrew, I have seen all the nessie images, the low-res one available to all, the Oxford University High-res and, the Cambridge University high-res composite image...

This must be the place

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org