Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282680 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1230 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »

Tom and Leon
Some 'holes' in lines 2nd and 3rd image
1st image, some sort of corner with hole which includes bulge where rivet/fastener was pulled through. IMHO

This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1231 on: June 18, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »

look at these pictures

look were the holes are an then look were the tube that sticks out is.

the tube is simillar to the one that exits bottom of electra engine

now is it safe to say, the distance of tube to first round circle could be the same ?

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1232 on: June 18, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »

Well picked out Richie. Worthy of further investigation?
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1233 on: June 18, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »

thank Jeff i have found load's of interesting stuff lately i will try post them soon  :)

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1234 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »

thank Jeff i have found load's of interesting stuff lately i will try post them soon  :)

Richie, in your picture of the Electra under construction the red arrow on the left is pointing to the engine mount apertures. However, the two arrows on the right are pointing to what is visible in the ROV image. Here's an image with them in close up on the leading edge cladding on both wing roots. The location of this in the ROV footage is convinient, between the right hand engine and the fuselage (theorised only!) It would not be beyond imagination to expect the leading edge cladding to become detached as well.

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1235 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »

Switch with wire a knob?
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1236 on: June 19, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

possible

3 tubes

u have to study were the arrow points to for a min to make out the shape

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1237 on: June 19, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »

What appears to be a 'gully' or 'groove' in the coral looks perfectly natural. What makes it odd is the appearance of what could be formers.
This must be the place

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
« Reply #1238 on: June 19, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »

I believe that a relative depth of one area that is adjacent to an adjoining area of a different depth may be resulting in sharp contrasts of light and dark resulting from reflection of light missing the areas that are darker because they are deeper. I think this could be coming into play in the area with the 'rope' looking pattern. I just think this is contributing to what is being seen in the picture of at least the 'rope' area. Could the concentric nature of the'rope' be the result of the concentric structue of some coral.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1239 on: June 20, 2012, 04:29:57 AM »

Jeff, the wire/rope in the video appears to be a benign object that some have speculated has nothing to do with whatever it is caught up in. Fishing cable, wire trace etc... Yet it is threaded through whatever it is down there. If it is coral playing tricks on us then somehow the coral has managed to slide on top of or, grow around certain stretches of the wire/rope but not others. At some points the wire/rope is found settled in-between 2 parallel strips of coral, 3 occasions, and appears to have become attached to the coral by a round black object at one point.
Who knows what is down there? For sure it isn't nothing. We shall see very soon IMHO

This must be the place

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
« Reply #1240 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »

Jeff, Thanks very much. As it turns out, you just happen to be the person I believe I need to contact. I've tried sending a copy of the photo that you posted on January 7, 2012, to info@Mote.org, Mote Marine Laboratory, however, each time I try they email me saying there is no attachment. I was going to see if they would respond as to what is in the photo. Maybe you, or someone, want to give it a try? Thanks again.

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #1241 on: June 20, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »

Not sure if this is the best place for this question but it is relevant to the ROV search.  Has any attempt been made to model the flow of water over and down the the reef?  In particular I am thinking about the outflow from the lagoon after storms or high tides. The "landing strip" area is not far from the main channel and that flow should move materials on the upper reef during periods of drainage.  I think the NC shelters the "landing strip" somewhat from the channel but it still may influence the distribution of debris down the reef face and may need to be taken into account in terms of the area to be searched.

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1242 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »

Hi Matt-----glad to have you amoungst us!
I think that maybe andrew can answer that----I believe I was told that the outflow moves southeast, from left to right. The NC is northwest of the lagoon channel, so i'm thinking any from there might be downstream, maye closer to the landing channel---or maybe alittle bit further?????
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #1243 on: June 21, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

Matt / Tom 

I think I'll post a reply in the "Lagoon as catchment basin" thread.  I don't want to distract you guys from finding all those chunks of coral.  :-)
http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,726.0.html

Andrew

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1244 on: June 21, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »

ok andrew!!
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org