Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remembering the Good Ol' Days of Computing  (Read 20407 times)

Don Dollinger

• T3
Re: Remembering the Good Ol' Days of Computing
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

Then a TRS 80 Model 2 with a 300 baud modem.

A few year ago, my mother owned a beauty salon and wanted to computerize her business.  She called me up and was so excited that she had bought her first computer and wanted me to set it up for her.  She wanted an inventory system and financial management system setup so I dug through my software collection and came up with a couple of programs that would work and went on over to her house.  She had her newly purchased computer setout on the table (still boxed) all ready for me.  I almost fell on the floor laughing when I saw all of the boxes labelled TRS 80 Model 1.  When I asked her where she got it she told me at a yard sale.  I then explained to her what she had and how inadequate it is for what she wanted to do so she wanted to know what she should do with it.  She almost hit me when I told her to have a yard sale.   ;D

All worked out though, it was in nearly new condition so I put it on ebay for her with no reserve and actually got a high bid of $127.50 from a collector.  $107.50 more then she paid for it.  For Xmas that year I bought her a new laptop.

Friend Weller

• TIGHAR member
Re: Remembering the Good Ol' Days of Computing
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »

Guess who has a working Osborne model 1 in his office as a conversation piece.   ;D

I can dig that.....but do you have the on-board modem and 80-character screen converter?    :D
Friend
TIGHAR 3086V

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org