Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Irene  (Read 10864 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Irene
« on: August 28, 2011, 03:39:46 AM »

Just to say I hope any forum members on the east cost of the states are ok  :)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:56:42 AM »

I hope so, too.

Buffalo, NY, is about 400 miles or so from the coast.  We are getting clouds and chance of rain from the very edge of the storm system.  Looks like a good day to stay indoors and nap. 
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:06:12 AM »

I'm pleased to report that TIGHAR Central weathered the storm with no damage and only minor inconvenience.

Walter Runck

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:11:55 PM »

Thanks Chris.  All clear in Charleston. More likely to be blown away by hyperventilating media or bloviating politicians than Irene.  Topped out at 41 mph at the marina.

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

Possible Media Hype but glad all the east coasters state side are OK :)

Thanks Chris.  All clear in Charleston. More likely to be blown away by hyperventilating media or bloviating politicians than Irene.  Topped out at 41 mph at the marina.

Walter Runck

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

Irene actually helped me find my way back to the forum.  Yesterday afternoon, I took a walk on a beach I'd never explored before after she went by.  I was looking for a storm flag that had fallen in the harbor, but as I poked amongst the oyster shells,  I found the heel of a shoe and my thoughts took me to a different beach in a different ocean.  So now back to the chase again!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:02:32 AM »

Irene actually helped me find my way back to the forum.  Yesterday afternoon, I took a walk on a beach I'd never explored before after she went by.  I was looking for a storm flag that had fallen in the harbor, but as I poked amongst the oyster shells,  I found the heel of a shoe and my thoughts took me to a different beach in a different ocean.  So now back to the chase again!

Thanks Walter!  I knew there was a way to bring this thread On Topic.

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »

Just saw this thread. I was in the path of Irene and she hit Long Island (where I live) full force. Had 2 feet of water outside the door, but somehow everything inside remained dry. Didn't get power back for over a week. But all are well.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 03:22:52 PM »

Just saw this thread. I was in the path of Irene and she hit Long Island (where I live) full force. Had 2 feet of water outside the door, but somehow everything inside remained dry. Didn't get power back for over a week. But all are well.

Welcome back to the land of the living, Rich.

Glad to hear that you weathered the storm OK.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org