Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred Noonan's fate - strange coordinates update  (Read 31646 times)

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
Re: Fred Noonan's fate - strange coordinates update
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 09:45:01 PM »

The Kilts story presumably took place shortly after the settlers first reached the Island, i.e. late '38 or early '39.  Gallagher would probably not have set up island to island transportation yet.  The distance to Suva was about 900 miles and the boat probably could be sailed and/or paddled.  The troubling thing about the Kilts story is that it tells about the bones being tossed overboard by the natives.  If true and if the bones were of a female (Amelia's?) they were dispatched to the deep somewhere near Suva.  Sounds like a variation on the Gallagher Bones.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Bruce Burton

• T1
Re: Fred Noonan's fate - strange coordinates update
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »

Hi Harry,

Not sure how much of the site you have read but here are some links that should answer your question The Earhart Project Archives: Finding Aid by Subject

Chronolgy of finding the bones This is a good article as it clears up the point of when Gallagher first became involved with the bones.

TIGHAR Tracks article may explain how the natives formed the story for Mr Kilts.

Emily Sikuli Indepth interview with the carpenters daughter (he who made the bone box) in which she talks about the bones found on Gardner.

There's a lot of information and my feeling is that if you read it in date order you should find your answers withing.  Enjoy :)

Good suggestions, Chris, for all of us -- especially people unfamiliar with the deep treasure trove this web site represents.

Many of these types of problematic issues have been investigated/discussed previously, and although I could not recite much off-the-top-of-my-head in specific response to any particular question, they "sound" familiar, and I'm reasonably confident that with a little digging and searching on this site, I could "rediscover" the current and best answers.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org