Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Discovery Channel rebroadcast?  (Read 40016 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Next Discovery Channel rebroadcast?
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »

Well, shoot. I was all ready to watch Finding Amelia at 1 p.m. today and was treated to the Kennedy's Secret Service detail instead. Bummer. Anyone have a clue when the good folks at the Discovery Channel are next going to try this?
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Walter Runck

• TIGHAR member
Re: Next Discovery Channel rebroadcast?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »

Amelia has disappeared again!  I guess we should have expected no less of her.

I though I had checked the discovery site a couple of weeks ago and saw it listed, but when I tuned in all I found was the Secret Service babysitting John John and Caroline.

It seems clear that nefarious forces high within our government are determined to keep the truth about AE from getting out!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:53:59 PM »

At last!  An Earhart Conspiracy we can believe in!

Nancy Marilyn Gould

• T1
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »

So disappointing.  You wonder why they did it?  Did they really expect a show about the Kennedy's to draw that many more people than one about AE--at 1:00 P.M. in the afternoon?  it just doesn't make any sense. 

I'd been looking forward to this for weeks, and we made sure we had both our TVs set to record it.  Then we go to watch it, and nothing!

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »

Ric ... just out of curiosity, where were you on Nov. 22, 1963? *peers at a blowup of the grassy knoll*

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »

Is there some mechanism that we can let Discovery know how disappointed we are that they didn't follow through with the scheduled airing of Fiinding Amelia?

Seems that if they know there is demand, they'll respond.

amck

Walter Runck

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:18:44 PM »

I just finished Fred Goerner's book and had developed a case of conspiritation of the brain, hence the government plot.  Poor man, he could have wrapped this up 50 years ago if he spent a fraction of the time following up on Floyd Kilt's story on p177 that he did chasing wisps of rumors and digging up random war dead.  So dedicated to his pursuit and yet so blinded by tunnel vision that an outlying data point that didn't fit his hypothesis is ignored. 

How many of the principals were still alive in 1961?  How fresh the memories, how undisturbed the evidence.  Oh well, the mystery wouldn't be here for us to pursue now if he had done a better job.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »

I'm as upset about this as all of you are.  Maybe more.  I'm the guy who has to raise the money and this show is one of our best fund-raising tools. I'll write to Discovery and voice our disappointment and displeasure.  I'll let you know how they respond.

Thom Boughton

• T2
  • Infinite Rider on The Big Dogma
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 11:26:50 PM »

Ric ... just out of curiosity, where were you on Nov. 22, 1963? *peers at a blowup of the grassy knoll*

Niku!
TIGHAR #3159R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 05:47:01 AM »

Another viewing would also have boosted number on the forum, member ship has tailed off this month.

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »

And for those of you who like abuse, there is also the Discovery Channel "viewer feedback" feature on their website. It is NOT very user-friendly, but then, in my experience, those types of things very seldom are. Still, it might not hurt to clutter up their In box with a whole bunch of "Why the heck would you do such a dumb thing?" queries. They say they will "try" to respond within one week. Right-o!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »

To register your displeasure with Discovery Channel viewer feed back you'll have to jump through three hoops before you get to say what's on your mind.  It's like putting the Complaints Dept. on the roof that is only accessible via three ladders. On the other hand, because not many people are willing to climb the ladders, the complaints that do get registered may get some attention.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:21:26 PM by moleski »

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

There was supposed to be another showing of Finding Amelia? Well, let's hope Discovery airs it again as it was a very good documentary! Hope I can see it a second time!

pilotart

• T3
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 11:27:25 PM »

Rick's link led to "Page not found", but I did find "Viewer Relations" here:

http://dsc.discovery.com/utilities/about/viewer-relations.html

Went down to selection 32 and submitted the following:
Happened to catch the last 20 minutes of this after midnight in November 2010.

Have waited for a 're-run', but have not seen any.

Very interested in seeing the entire program and hope that you will air it again.

Thank you very much,

Art
The site had blocks to select information including "Finding Amelia" & "Air Date" and promised a reply within a week, I will report any feedback here.
Art Johnson

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:46:48 PM by pilotart »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 05:42:43 AM »

This is what I sent to the Executive Producer of the show:

On January 12 you told me the show would re-air on February 5 and, in fact, it was widely scheduled to re-air on that date, but it didn't. I must tell you that there was great disappointment among our members and our considerable fan-base that, once more, Finding Amelia did not air on the advertised date.  Instead, the network chose to air a yawner about the Kennedy security detail.  Whoever schedules these shows did it to us back in December and they did it again on Saturday.  Discovery tells us when the show will air, we tell our public, they call their friends, everybody gets pumped, and then Discovery changes the date without telling us. Everyone is disappointed and those who helped spread the word are embarrassed.  This creates the impression that Discovery is capricious  and disrespectful of its viewers. 

I don't hold you responsible for what the scheduling people do, but I hope you'll let them know that this sort of thing has consequences.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org