Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WW2 Orion crash site on Isla Del Coco, Costa Rica  (Read 9083 times)

Mike Curray

• T1
  • sailor, surfer, diver, explorer
WW2 Orion crash site on Isla Del Coco, Costa Rica
« on: December 23, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »

An expedition by Cousteau in the 1980's found the Orion crash site on the side of the mountain at Isla Del Coco. I understand that the US government removed the remains of the crew at that time. I have seen the site from a distance off the trail when I had my sailboat at the island. I heard it was an anti submarine patrol. The island is frequently covered in dense cloud, as it is in the intertropical convergence zone. The island is a Costa Rican National Park. Is tighar aware of this site?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: WW2 Orion crash site on Isla Del Coco, Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »

Is TIGHAR aware of this site?

It hasn't appeared in any discussions that I've participated in during the last 10 years or so.

But defining "TIGHAR awareness" is somewhat difficult.  If one TIGHAR member knows about it, is TIGHAR "aware" of it?

By the way, you should be able to modify your own posts instead of starting a new thread to make a correction.  Simply look for the "modify" button in the upper-right-hand corner of your post and flail away.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org