Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a Coincidence!  (Read 9514 times)

Cynthia M Kennedy

• T1
What a Coincidence!
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »

I bought a nice picture frame at a garage sale recently.  It already had a photo in it--a fairly new photo--of a group of women all dressed up--as though they were at some sort of business meeting.  Last night I took off the back of the frame to put in a photo of my own, and out dropped a typed letter from the director of the "Women's Opportunity Center" at the University of California--Irvine.  It was a letter of thanks, and contained this sentence, "You were part of a team of wonderful volunteers who really made this year's Amelia Earhart awards luncheon the most outstanding ever."  I did some googling, and the most recent info on this luncheon was dated 2001, so perhaps it's not held any longer.

This won't help find AE, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

Cindy

Mona Kendrick

• T2
Re: What a Coincidence!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:11:53 PM »

Just curious -- did the Center, or the awards luncheon, have any connection with Zonta International?

LTM,
Mona

Cynthia M Kennedy

• T1
Re: What a Coincidence!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »

Mona,

There is no mention of Zonta Internation in the letter, and I didn't see any mention of Zonta International when I was searching last night, but then all I was looking for was background info on the center/luncheon.

Cindy

Just curious -- did the Center, or the awards luncheon, have any connection with Zonta International?

LTM,
Mona
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org