Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 292574 times)

Craig Romig

• T3
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2011, 08:50:49 AM »

i am new here. i have been to the site atleast once before but didn't notice the forums until two days ago. i have been reading on the site since then. almost non stop. i learned alot of stuff i didnt know before. especially about the wreck of the Norwich City. i found that very interesting. i am a fan of archeology caves and underwater exploration. i did study pychology in college.

Michael Snodgrass

• T1
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »

Been lurking for a long time...bought all the books. One of the mysteries i have always followed and studied. Served in the Navy, mostly in Guam but also a few other island areas. None of which was Niku though. I believe in the tighar program, keep chaseing it!

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »

I'm yet another engineer, and pilot, and ham radio operator.  Like most airplane nuts growing up in the 60's I was fascinated by anything that flew, and pursued an aerospace career.  I now work as a Test Engineer at General Dynamics, where I try to solve technical mysteries.  There's an obvious (to me) connection to AE/FN's disappearance. Understanding HOW they got lost isn't even a mystery, but looking for clues of what they did next, and trying to put the pieces together into a coherant, reasonable story is fascinating.
JohnO
Cheers,
JohnO

David Charles Johnson

• T1
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 06:26:36 AM »

Greetings, I've been enjoying the forum for a while now.  I am an electronics (by degree) and software (by vocation) engineer with around 25 years experience, and a 20 year ham radio operator.

I actually came across all this while planning a ham radio island activation.  So now I am fascinated.
I want to do an on the ground radio simulatin and test.  I have discussed it with some others in my circle, and they are ready.  In fact, we have all the equipment, expertise, and are discussing plans to do something.  Such a simulation and test could provide a great analytical benchmark to compare against.  We'd just have to find a way to get transportation out there, which seems like a really significant challenge.

:)

Regards,

David KB5YLG

Richard C Cooke

• T1
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »

I'm another engineer, with 25 year in the auto industry, with a focus on computer simulations of vehicle performance.  I had a pilots license but gave it up when flying in England's restricted airspace began to seem more like hard work than enjoying the freedom of the skies.  I also discovered scuba diving and my budget did not stretch to traveling to the dive spots round the world and flying.

I'm now retired and live in Pensacola FL and my hobbies include developing the physical data for historic race cars and planes in computer simulations, and I discovered TIGHAR when looking for data on planes in the 1934 England to Australia air race.

Richard Cooke

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 06:19:15 AM »

I have been interested in Tighars work for a while now and have so impressed with all your work that I have decided to take the plunge and join. Ex-military (parachute regiment), degree educated, oil industry, aerospace and now research, until April then, retirement!
I am really fascinated in the search for the truth and by everyones efforts, contributions and input in trying to unravel this mystery. My own personal area of 'expertise' is in the study of physical 'evidence' rather than theoretical. So I will leave all the navigation and flight theories to the professionals. I used to jump out of planes, I don't know how they got us to where we had to go  :)
Hopefully when I retire I can then spend some time raising funds for the work ahead, you're nearly there.
Jeff
This must be the place

Randy Reid

• T1
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »

I have always been nutty about airplanes, throwing balsa gliders from the porch in 1945 at the age of 3, later
building stick and tissue models, moving on to gas and electric power RCs, got my pilots licence in 1983.

I worked for The Boeing Company for about 10 years, then US Customs for another 35. Retired now and
perfecting laziness.

I have been perusing the TIGHAR website for about 3 years now and enjoy reading the posts to the forums.
TIGHAR's website is the first place I go after I turn on the computer..

While I am somewhat skeptical of TIGHAR's Earhart hypothesis, it is as good as any at this point.(can't be
proven one way or the other)

I decided to quit freeloading and joined up today. Maybe one day I will have something constructive to
contribute.

Randy Reid

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »

Welcome Randy! While you may feel as though you have "nothing" to contribute- we all have our minds to use in thought and research, and new minds bring new perspectives! Thank you for joining TIGHAR.
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »

Hi folks - I've been a long time lurker and occasional poster around here and have been sufficiently excited by the ROV stills thread to finally get off my duff and join! I know, I know, it's about time. Suffice it to say I have high hopes that this is going be an exciting year for TIGHAR and the Earhart project, and I'm ecstatic to finally be a part of it.   

Born and raised Connecticut Yankee I transplanted to the Western Reserve in the early 90s.  My background is in music (doctorate) and I'm currently working as a librarian at a small midwestern liberal arts College near Cleveland.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally come out of the shadows, and with any luck, someday I'll be able to make a meaningful contribution to the dialog.

'til then (dare I say LTM?)

Tim collins

Lisa Anne Hill

• T1
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »

Aloha everyone -

This is my inaugural post, but I've been reading along avidly for awhile now, especially with regard to the ROV video. Amazing!!
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, I live in Oahu and work in Pearl Harbor, actually about 500 yards from the ground-loop site. I've been interested in the AE mystery forever, so moving here last year and getting a job on Ford Island was pretty cool.
I'm not a pilot, or diver (yet), or engineer...just an administrative assistant with insatiable curiosity and faith that one day (dare I say maybe soon?) TIGHAR will find the smoking gun (or Very pistol  :))
if anyone knows of any research or something I can track down here in Hawaii, please let me know - I'd love to help!

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

Aloha everyone -

This is my inaugural post, but I've been reading along avidly for awhile now, especially with regard to the ROV video. Amazing!!
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, I live in Oahu and work in Pearl Harbor, actually about 500 yards from the ground-loop site. I've been interested in the AE mystery forever, so moving here last year and getting a job on Ford Island was pretty cool.
I'm not a pilot, or diver (yet), or engineer...just an administrative assistant with insatiable curiosity and faith that one day (dare I say maybe soon?) TIGHAR will find the smoking gun (or Very pistol  :))
if anyone knows of any research or something I can track down here in Hawaii, please let me know - I'd love to help!
Welcome aboard Lisa. 'just an admin assistant', where would we be without admin assistants! Don't undestate your role. Don't worry I'm sure some research will come your way pretty soon given your location and possibly? access to US Navy archives? :)
Jeff
This must be the place

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »

I guess I might as well introduce myself also. I am a retired pilot, paratrooper and systems analyst. Flew both airplanes and helicopters in the Army and as a civilian until Agent Orange induced lung cancer ended my flying days in 1997. I then worked for another 12 years as a systems analyst until retirement.

My dad was a navigator/radio operator on PB2Y's in WWII and I have been a flying "nut" for as long as I can remember having been born on a Naval Air Station. Dad spent all his time flying in the Pacific during the war. I spent several hundred hours flying over the Gulf of Mexico so I can relate to the problems of flying over open water.

I have spent several months reading the information that TIGHAR has posted but still have a long way to go to finish it all. I really am amazed at all they have done and really appreciate it.

They have convinced me. I became a member of TIGHAR this month.

Many thanks to Ric, Marty and all the others that have spent so much time working on this project. 

Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »

Many thanks to Ric, Marty and all the others that have spent so much time working on this project.

You're welcome, Clarence.  Thanks for your service to the nation.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »

Thanks for the thanks and just call me Woody. That's what my friends do.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Jaeson Koszarsky

• T1
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »

Hi folks,

I'm a relative newcomer to the Earhart legacy & mystery.  I got interested in a round-about way while researching another project.  That other project is a Japanese animated series called Super Dimension Fortress Macross.  It first aired in 1982 in Japan, and then later in 1985 in the US under the title Robotech.  The series creators were avid aviation enthusiasts and their passion carried over into the series with character designs and story themes.  The one in particular involves a foreign/alien female spy name Milia.  She's defeated and marries an earth man.  Then becomes a bit of a Tokyo Rose.  It's interesting to see the Earhart-as-a-spy theme playing out in a pop-culture series from Japan.  Anyway, it was a something from Japan that drew me to Earhart.  Since then, I've accumulated a small library of the various books published, read a lot on-line, watched documentaries/movies/etc, and followed TIGHAR's efforts with enough interest to become a member.

Jaeson Koszarsky
TIGHAR #3246

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org