Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 289562 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »

Will I be assigned a Tighar researcher number?

Yes. You'll even receive a cheap-ass card board membership card.  We'd really like to do fancy plastic cards like the EAA but the machines cost a thousand bucks.

Perhaps I already have been and am not aware of it.

All will be revealed.

Also, I presume I will now receive the 2015 Tighar Tracks, which I would prefer in PDF.

Bless you.  Send me an email at ric@tighar.org and I'll send you the link to the PDF.

I'll be glad to assist in anyway that may be useful to Tighar, although I have no aviation background.

No problem.  Sometimes an aviation background seems to be a detriment.

Steve Dehner

• T1
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »

I am not really interested in the ultimate fate of miss Earhart. I simply do not care about her fate. She is dead, so let her be dead in peace respectfully. But I often find many errors about the islands discussed regarding her. Therefor I suggest https://www.scribd.com/doc/294530963/The-Nantucket-Connection.
I do not like the modern tendency/fact that people are so gullible and eager to believe wikipedia stories. My essay shows that even writers of old can be mistaken...i.e..: are mistaken quite often.

Ryan Carrier

• T1
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2016, 12:32:20 PM »

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself here ...
My name is Ryan Carrier, I've always been compelled and intrigued by mystery..
The Earhart legend has always interested me and have been following TIGHAR research and resources for a while behind the scenes, and now thought it was just time to step forward and join the circle ..

Much respect for this organization and its members for their dedication, presented resources and findings and determination for resolve.

Cheers!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2016, 12:50:29 PM »

Welcome aboard Ryan. I look forward to your input.

Ryan Carrier

• T1
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2016, 01:36:58 PM »

Thank you Ric! ..
Hope I can bring something to the table..

Douglas Brown

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »

My name is Douglas and I am from Toronto, Canada. I have always been interested in mysteries like the Earhart disappearance and am impressed with the work that Tighar has done.

I would like to help out if I can, in the way of networking, potential fund raising and social media.

Amelia's Toronto connection is kind of special as it was here where she really first got the flying bug.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »

My name is Douglas and I am from Toronto, Canada.

Welcome, Doug!

My Mom was from Cobalt, Ontario, and my Dad was from Timmins and Kirkland Lake.

They met at U of T.

I did my seminary at Regis College, which is affiliated with Toronto School of Theology and
the U of T.

I have a lot of affection for the city and its people!
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Douglas Brown

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:14 AM »

Welcome, Doug!

My Mom was from Cobalt, Ontario, and my Dad was from Timmins and Kirkland Lake.

They met at U of T.

I did my seminary at Regis College, which is affiliated with Toronto School of Theology and
the U of T.

I have a lot of affection for the city and its people!

Thanks Marty! Glad to be involved!

Doug

Thomas Snider

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Hello ,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tom Snider and I have had a lifelong interest in Amelia Earhart. I have joined TIGHAR and want to be involved as much as possible.
 My experience that may be of value other than my passion is that I have extensive metal detecting experience dating back to over 25 years ago from local colonial sites to battlefields. The amazing clues and history that can be uncovered are endless. I look forward to all interaction and wish to be involved with an expedition.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Thank you
Tom Snider

Paul Mitcheltree

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2018, 05:55:00 PM »

Hello, my name is ‘Tree’ and I am looking forward to learning more about her fate.
I crewed on Mira Nair’s movie AMELIA doing camera work , mostly the scenes of the Vega landing in Ireland and the Fokker floatplane in Newfoundland and Wales. ( all were shot here in Nova Scotia ).

In 1976 the Electra 10E # 1042 was in Zephyrhills , I was lucky to make ten skydives from it with a helmet camera. ( The reason people here post that it was gutted is because most jump planes were stripped before our big boots put dents in the airframe , that was often standard procedure at the large drop zones. )

Lately I am helping to restore a 1950s RCN Beech 18 Expeditor at our Shearwater naval museum. ( It was also abused as a jump ship . . .  lots of dents to smooth out lol ). Work there as a volunteer machinist / trying to fix more than I break.  Some days we even succeed
www.vimeo.com/tree
(film JUMP RUN has 10E #1042)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:04:03 PM by Paul Mitcheltree »

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »

Paul

Welcome

Very cool video of your jumps!  Thanks for sharing.

Andrew

Paul Mitcheltree

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »

Thank you Andrew , glad you liked it.
It’s nice to have it on digital after all this time.
www.vimeo.com/tree
(film JUMP RUN has 10E #1042)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:03:10 PM by Paul Mitcheltree »

Sean Kerry-Williams

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2019, 07:53:03 AM »

Hi to everyone, and thanks to Ric for activating my registration; that had me baffled for a while.
  I have a background in both science and aviation: my first career was in molecular biology, but these days I am an airline pilot, and I still fly light aircraft for fun. 
  I am a long time lurker on this site, and a great admirer of everything TIGHAR has done to solve the mystery of Amelia Earhart's disappearance. I have been a very junior member for a few years now, but have never felt the need to contribute to the Amelia forums in person.  However, with the Glen Miller search the latest hot topic I thought I should stick my oar in.

Looking forward to further developments.

Cheers

Sean

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2019, 10:54:41 AM »

Hi to everyone, and thanks to Ric for activating my registration; that had me baffled for a while.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Welcome to one of the stranger corners of the internet!
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »

Welcome Sean!

I just want to say- go ahead and stick the other oar in too! We know you want to!!!
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org