Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Discovery Channel Show  (Read 134400 times)

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
Re: Discovery Channel Show
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »

Looks like the Discovery show has been moved to Dec 11th so as to not compete with Monday Night Football in the USA.  Saturday night is usually not a great time to be on air, but it is probably better than going head to head with MNF.  Hopefully DC will add in some promotional dollars to drive the audience to Saturday.

AMCK

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »

Looks like the Discovery show has been moved to Dec 11th so as to not compete with Monday Night Football in the USA.  Saturday night is usually not a great time to be on air, but it is probably better than going head to head with MNF.  Hopefully DC will add in some promotional dollars to drive the audience to Saturday.

Thanks for the update, Andrew!

The later date does give them more time for advertising the show.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 07:54:23 PM »

Thanks for letting us know, Andrew!

Thom Boughton

• T2
  • Infinite Rider on The Big Dogma
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »

Thanks for the update, Andrew!

The later date does give them more time for advertising the show.

Hope so.  As yet, I've seen no mention of it at all.

I have recently seen a number of other shows about AE and the various theories....even the ones which haven long since been proven rubbish.

....TB
TIGHAR #3159R

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 04:36:42 AM »

... As yet, I've seen no mention of it at all.

The Discovery Channel program guide doesn't go up to Saturday, December 11, yet.

I have recently seen a number of other shows about AE and the various theories....even the ones which haven long since been proven rubbish.

That's show biz for you.   ;)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 08:45:03 AM »

Perhaps if there was hard evidence of her being on Niku, they would advertise little bits of info, to attract viewers, as well as advertisers.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »

Don't you guys across the pond know that Monday night football is a religion over here?  ;D
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Thom Boughton

• T2
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:33 AM »

The Discovery Channel program guide doesn't go up to Saturday, December 11, yet.

No, I wouldn't expect schedule listings as yet. However, I was speaking more in terms of adverts or trailers. I had really hoped that perhaps they'd spend a little more effort there.

Any publicity is better than none, I guess. So I suppose I should just be glad they have put the matter on the schedule at all.

.....TB
TIGHAR #3159R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 11:41:04 AM »

I had really hoped that perhaps they'd spend a little more effort there.

I know they have website articles in the works for both Discovery.com and DiscoveryNews.com (because I helped them) but they don't plan to put them up until after the show airs because they're afraid that if people know what we found and didn't find nobody will watch the show. Go figure.

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »

Ric,
I'd like to contribute $100.00 to the search - have Pat bill my credit card account- but let me know where the money will be spent i.e. DNA research, next years exploration, etc.

Ted Campbell

Thom Boughton

• T2
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 12:37:44 AM »

I know they have website articles in the works for both Discovery.com and DiscoveryNews.com (because I helped them) but they don't plan to put them up until after the show airs because they're afraid that if people know what we found and didn't find nobody will watch the show. Go figure.

Hehe.....I see.  Much better not to even mention the show at all.  That way, if nobody knows that it is on...then everyone will watch it...right?  <tounge in cheek>

No...I can understand not wanting to prematurely let the cat out of the bag (even if it's not a terribly big cat)....but a few adverts would be nice.  Or perhaps they're out there and I've as yet to trip over them.

....TB
TIGHAR #3159R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 05:57:28 AM »

I'd like to contribute $100.00 to the search - have Pat bill my credit card account- but let me know where the money will be spent i.e. DNA research, next years exploration, etc.

Thanks Ted.  I'd like to put your contribution toward research to define the target area for the major underwater search we'll be doing on the next expedition.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 07:45:45 AM »

Ted,

We don't have current credit card information for you.  We're trying to get away from keeping credit card information on file.  To make a donation just go the TIGHAR Store and click on the Earhart Project Donate logo.

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »

Done!
Sounds like a good use of funds.
Ted Campbell

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »

Have there been any "teaser trailer"s that have been shown on t.v. yet (or Youtube)?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org