Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to post to the Forum  (Read 16950 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
How to post to the Forum
« on: October 04, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »

Here is an audio-visual tutorial on how to make a post to the Forum.  It covers the same material as these three screen shots:

1. Pick a board inside of a forum.  All of the posts are hidden inside of the boards; all the boards are inside forums.

2. Start a new topic thread inside of a forum.  Click on the "New topic" button over on the right.

3. Reply to an existing topic.  You may quote a post in the topic thread or you may simply reply to the thread without quoting anything.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:41:35 PM by moleski »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: How to post to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »

I think I can help out here Mike, if what you mean by "initiate a post" is starting a new thread or "new topic".  Once you're logged in it's basically just two steps. 

First, decide what area of the forum would be best for your particular subject and click on it.   

Once you've opened up the area you chose, look for four tabs... MARK READ/NOTIFY/NEW TOPIC/POST NEW POLL

On my monitor these tabs are located on the right half of the screen, a little more than halfway down.  Click on the NEW TOPIC tab, and you should be good to go.

FWIW, there is also a "Help" button in the upper-left-hand corner of the page (a small tab).  Or you may click on this text to jump straight to that page.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org