Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Book From Tom King  (Read 5748 times)

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
New Book From Tom King
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:33:58 AM »

An article about Tom King’s new book “Amelia Earhart Unrescued,”

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/lifestyle/8565065-181/petaluma-raised-archaeologist-writes-about-amelia

I have not read this but it sounds interesting.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: New Book From Tom King
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »

Tom wrote the novel as an individual and not as a representative of TIGHAR.   His imagined portrayal of events is entirely his own.

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »

I just finished reading it and enjoyed it.
I liked the descriptions of the island. Part of the island had a leafy plant you could eat? Possible ancient habitation?
There are sections after each chapter that discuss the basis for including some of the artifacts and history into the fictional story. These sections are on grey pages to help separate them. I liked this format.
There are some artifacts I was not aware of. For example, what may be the remains of a hair curling iron that were found at the Seven Site.
3971R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:28:42 PM »

Nothing in the book should be taken to be endorsed by TIGHAR.  You were not aware of the supposed curling iron because no such artifact has been accessioned or researched by TIGHAR.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:33:59 PM by Ric Gillespie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org