Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mabel Larremore  (Read 3831 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Mabel Larremore
« on: August 02, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »

Mabel Larremore, Message 28, was the first credible harmonic reception occurring at 9:00pm Gardner time on the night of July 2nd.  Mabel's account is an anecdotal recollection communicated to TIGHAR in 1990.  By itself, it would be as uncertain as all anecdotal recollections but Mabel's reception is corroborated by a Credible Beyond a Reasonable Doubt primary source - a simultaneous reception by the Amalgamated Wireless operator on Nauru (Message 29) who recognized Earhart's voice.

Mabel described a situation that closely matches the picture painted by thirty years of TIGHAR research, and she did it in 1990.  We have judged Mabel's account to be Credible Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

The attached PDF contains images of her original correspondence with TIGHAR and my notes of a telephone conversation I had with her on October 2, 1990.
As you will see,  Mabel (whose married name was Dunklee in 1990) was convinced that President Roosevelt had made some kind of announcement about the frequency Earhart might use to call for help.  "My family and I decided not to discuss this with anyone. The Government of the U.S.A. was supposed to take care of everything. So did not even listen for any later messages from her."

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Mabel Larremore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:46:16 AM »

Bob Brandenburg has updated the reception probability for the Larremore reception based on new antenna-modeling software.  The probability of reception on 15525 kHz (the fifth harmonic of 3105) at Larremore's location increased from .83% to 5%.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org