Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you hear me now? TX from Nike, Florida, Texas  (Read 4387 times)

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
Can you hear me now? TX from Nike, Florida, Texas
« on: February 12, 2023, 08:23:10 PM »

Nike Island seems to be flat.  No terrain.  How could Betty and others have heard her transmissions in the US but nobody searching nearby heard anything?

I think she could have possibly been on the west side of some terrain to the west of the search area.  This would have prevented anyone in the search area from being able to hear her transmissions and although still unlikely it would be possible the signal could have been heard by Betty and others who reported hearing her transmissions.  It is even possible terrain could have acted in a way to direct and/or amplify her signal to be able to send it on the long path around to be heard in Texas and or Florida.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
Re: Can you hear me now? TX from Nike, Florida, Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 05:46:43 AM »

Travis-if you have any expectation of being taken seriously on this forum, get it right! - NIKU is the abbreviated name of the island. One typo is an acceptable error. Continuous mistakes is evidence of a purposeful intent. If you can't get THAT right, how much else are you getting wrong?

Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Can you hear me now? TX from Nike, Florida, Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 09:09:11 AM »

Nike Island seems to be flat.  No terrain.  How could Betty and others have heard her transmissions in the US but nobody searching nearby heard anything?

Do yourself a favor and try doing some research before posting.  Read this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org