Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: NIKU IX  (Read 54420 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: NIKU IX
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »

Are there any more 'daily' reports coming?

Yeah, I've just been buried with this photo nonsense.  At last report they hadn't found any bones.

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2017, 12:06:20 PM »

Are there any more 'daily' reports coming?

Yeah, I've just been buried with this photo nonsense.  At last report they hadn't found any bones.

and that's just what it is too. a distraction for you no doubt. nothing in that photo distinguishes whether that picture was taken in 1904 or 1944, nevermind if that short haired kid crouching down was actually AE.

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »

Ric,

Is it possible to get one or more of the dogs to "hit" on the finger/turtle bone we have?

Ted Campbell

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2017, 05:43:49 PM »

Is it possible to get one or more of the dogs to "hit" on the finger/turtle bone we have?

Only a tiny fragment is left of the finger bone after several attempts to extract DNA.  The fragment is at the Molecular Anthropology Lab at the University of Oklahoma.  Not something we can have the dogs sniff.

Jim M Sivright

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »

It is an issue for Rick and for anyone else who has friends or family that ask about this 'exercise' by the history channel.  They've got to change that name!
I try to answer any email coming my way, but it isn't worth the effort.  I'm glad you're keeping your cool thru this.  I'm already sick of it.  If you need any help burying this 'theory' please ask.  I imagine there's only 5- 10 thousand people willing to help.

L

Is it obvious that the History Channel times its shows to coincide with Tighars expeditions? I have several relatives and friends that aren't as involved as we are that are confused about the two events. I try to explain but I am wondering about the thousands of other folks that don't have a relative in Tighar.

Jim

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2017, 11:57:14 AM »

Where are the Daily Updates for Niku IX?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »

There's currently no link to the Dailies on the homepage but the work at the island has been over since last Thursday.  The ship will make port in Fiji today.

Paul March

• T1
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »

There's currently no link to the Dailies on the homepage but the work at the island has been over since last Thursday.  The ship will make port in Fiji today.

Thank you for the update Ric. Have been curious about the return trip and will be happy to receive the "all are safe and well" update.

Arthur Rypinski

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »

The M/V Reef Explorer arrived safely back in Fiji, and everyone on my flight from Fiji to LA also arrived back in the US safely.  Various people traveled by other routes.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2017, 01:35:22 PM »

The M/V Reef Explorer arrived safely back in Fiji,

Welcome home Arthur.  I was under the impression that the ship was M/V Reef Endeavor.  Jet lag is a bitch.

Arthur Rypinski

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »

correct on both accounts.  I woke up up at dawn, closed my eyes, and next I knew it was 11 am.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org