Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Forum  (Read 6304 times)

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
No Forum
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »

What is going on?  No forum activity for the past 4 days, are we done?

Ted Campbell

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
Re: No Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:39:43 PM »

I certainly hope not Ted, ...I am making some progress ( albeit minuscule) regarding an item that may help us determine what Amelia's arm and radius length on her right side may have been. It could at least help us determine if Amelia's radius length is close or not to that of the castaway's radius bone found. The old gas can forum people are looking and they number over 18,000 members, so if that grease pail is out there, they may help us find it. We may have what we need with Jeff's purchase of the Mobil NO 2 grease pail, but having a can labeled and looking exactly like the one Amelia holds would help avoid any problems should the measurements be different by a small amount, ... in my judgement looking at the can she holds and knowing what some other known cans measure, I don't think they could be much different if any.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:42:14 PM by Jerry Germann »

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »

The search for a can identical to the one Earhart holds is looking better each passing day. I am corresponding with a gentleman who has had several in his possession, and currently has one....stay tuned.

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »

A bit of a setback as of late, in finding an identical can that Earhart holds, :( but some useful information was gleaned from the search and contact nonetheless. Mobilubricant it seems, was a term used by companies other than Mobil oil. A square can ( although smaller than a 5 lb unit) bearing the label Mobilubricant was found by a collector, but made for Standard oil, before the monopoly ordered breakup  ...see attachment. The lack of a Pegasus or Gargoyle on the Earhart can might be indicative of a non Mobil Oil product, but I can't say that with 100% assurance, just assumption.The can found measures 3 7/8 inches tall by 3 1/8 inches wide...don't know weight.
The search continues......
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:06:14 PM by Jerry Germann »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org