Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breaking through the Clouds  (Read 4647 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Breaking through the Clouds
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:02:30 AM »

The other night I had the opportunity of watching this documentary film "Breaking through the Clouds...First National Women's Air Derby 1929" on public tv. For those of you who haven't seen this film I'd encourage you to watch it. After watching the film I was convinced that Amelia stood out amongst the other 15 pilots as mentioned. Truly a lady! The other pilots like Pancho Barnes, and Ruth Elder weren't really afraid to jump in and get their hands greasy and dirty while working on the plane. While watching this film it makes you think alot about Amelia's overall thinking in general as a pilot. Although she finished third in the first race, I'm convinced she had that winning spirit in about everything in her life...So I'm convinced that in her last days she did everything possible to stay alive. She may have not been the best pilot to land a plane...but she was one to hold her hand up in the air and say..."Heck yeah...I'll do it!!!" The film tells alot of stories about the other pilots and their characteristics in flying. I was overwhelmed by how many people attended that first race. Oh my golly!!! One thing that did stick out Ric..that caught my attention was how some pilots and journalists kept mentioning "Ship". Not referring to anything about an airplane..but ship!!! Anyway, something to watch if you get time!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4pSdKbApAs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org