Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visitors to Island  (Read 5192 times)

Glenys Raewyn Carr

• T1
Visitors to Island
« on: February 16, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »

This is my first post so apologies if my questions have already been thrashed out somewhere else. I'm interested in the stories that may have been passed down a generation or two from villagers from nearby Islands, what do the elders remember from the time of the Gardner Is. landing? Did anyone go there?, find anything?, see a plane or wreckage on the reef?, take anything back to the villages?. Does anything survive in villages today that could possibly have come from the Electra? Could they have perhaps held a sense of keeping silent in the light of searches for seemingly important people and a plane? Has Tighar got any contacts with their eyes and ears open on the ground up there?

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
Re: Visitors to Island
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 02:13:18 PM »

These are very big questions with very lengthy answers.  You should go to the " Welcome to the TIGHAR Forum " thread to get started.

http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,454.msg27656.html#new

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Visitors to Island
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:37:08 PM »

These are very big questions with very lengthy answers.  You should go to the " Welcome to the TIGHAR Forum " thread to get started.

http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,454.msg27656.html#new

Here is a link to the beginning of that thread.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org