Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Status of "the stick"?  (Read 97072 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: Status of "the stick"?
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2016, 09:50:48 AM »

Didn't the "white bird hauled 1974" discussion previously in this group address that?

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »

Didn't the "white bird hauled 1974" discussion previously in this group address that?

Re-reading the TIGHAR Tracks article it seems that several people claimed to have seen the show but nobody could find a reference to it anywhere.  That's the problem with anecdotal recollections.  You never know whether somebody is remembering something correctly. It may be that there was a show that made that claim but it is certainly not true that the White Bird's engine was ever hauled out of the woods and identified.

Captain Andy

• T1
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »

Ric can I see the documents and photos relating to Maine
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:43:02 PM by Captain Andy »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »

Ric can I see the documents and photos relating to Maine

There are no documents relating to Maine.  That was the problem with Maine.  No documents, just stories. 
We have thousands of photographs from our expeditions in Maine.

Captain Andy

• T1
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2016, 03:45:12 PM »

Well can I see the photos and interviews plus I think I know whose cigarette case that might have been

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »

Well can I see the photos and interviews plus I think I know whose cigarette case that might have been

Where's your transcription of the Patsy Judge letter?

Captain Andy

• T1
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »

I already have it can I see the photos and interviews plus I think I know who's cigarette case that might have been
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:41:55 PM by Captain Andy »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

I already have it can I see the photos and interviews plus I think I know who's cigarette case that might have been

Post the transcript of the letter so that I can check to make sure you got it right.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 06:11:57 AM »

Seeing as how the original subject of this thread was the fate of the artifact TIGHAR found in Canada, can we get back to that?

If Capt. Andy is so enthusiastic about plowing through all the White Bird materials that TIGHAR has amassed, perhaps Ric could make the materials available for a day so Andy could dive in to his heart's content.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2016, 07:35:04 AM »

Seeing as how the original subject of this thread was the fate of the artifact TIGHAR found in Canada, can we get back to that?

You're correct that this thread has strayed far from its original topic - so far that you have forgotten that the "stick" you referred to when starting this thread was found in Maine, not Canada. I love Maine and I'll always treasure the time we spent in Machias and the Round Lake Hills. It's where we learned our trade.   But after many years and many expeditions in Maine we decided that there is no reason to think the White Bird was ever there.   

If Capt. Andy is so enthusiastic about plowing through all the White Bird materials that TIGHAR has amassed, perhaps Ric could make the materials available for a day so Andy could dive in to his heart's content.

If Andy or you or anyone else disagrees with our conclusion that Newfoundland, not Maine, is where we should focus our efforts, and if you're willing to pick up that thread and re-test the Maine Hypothesis with real research at your own expense, I'll be happy to do as you suggest - but I don't have time to indulge idle curiosity or posturing for the sake of appearing thorough.

Because the topic of this thread is an artifact which does not appear to have any bearing on the disappearance of the White Bird I'm going to lock the topic.  Feel free to start another topic that relates to TIGHAR's investigations in Newfoundland.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org