Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doc's Friends  (Read 12744 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Doc's Friends
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »

Several weeks ago someone on the forum started talking about B-29's and looking for some known similarity with the known artifact at hand. It wasn't until the other day that I remembered seeing a B-29B engine up close. It was several years ago at our local county fair in LaCrosse, Kansas. A friend of mine, stopped me one day and asked if I was interested in ole vintage planes. He told me that his friend from Wichita, Kansas was restoring an old B-29B fortress known as "Doc"! Anyway, he got his friend to bring the engine to the fair for display and show! This thing was massively loud, and had so much power behind it! This was a huge hit during the entire county fair. Anyway, wanted to share this website with you all, and just maybe Ric, they might be able to answers some questions for you in regards to the artifact. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy and have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!!!

http://www.b-29doc.com/photo-video.php#2013%20Restoration

James Champion

• TIGHAR member
Re: Doc's Friends
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »

The B-29 "Doc" is at completion only requiring FAA approvals to fly.  They are presently doing a Kickstarter campaign that runs through the end of the month for funds to complete the test flights!

See: http://www.b-29doc.com

Or Kickstarter:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1344227353/make-history-fly-send-b-29-doc-through-flight-test

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

Marty or Bruce - can you please move this topic to Extraneous Exchanges?  Thanks.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:57:47 PM »

Marty or Bruce - can you please move this topic to Extraneous Exchanges?  Thanks.

For the moment, I've put it here in "Historic Aircraft Recovery and Preservation >War / Service Related Aircraft topics."

If you think Extraneous Exchanges is better, I can move it again.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org