Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast Summary  (Read 6096 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Podcast Summary
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »

I recently discussed my background and TIGHAR's Earhart Project with Joe Parisi of The Odd Podcast. It's a good, conversational half-hour review of why we think we have the answer to what really happened to Amelia Earhart - the kind of summary I'd give you over lunch.
The interview starts 9 minutes into the 42 minute podcast.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/oddpodcast/ep_12.mp3

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
Re: Podcast Summary
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »

Great interview, Ric.  Today is 78 years since you think Bevington took the photograph with the supposed landing gear.  Good timing!

Roger London

• T1
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:05 AM »

Great air-time for TIGHAR, well done Ric. Did you ad-lib all of it, run from bullet notes, or extract from a speech-script? The presenter was listening very discerningly, not like many of them, and interjecting poignant prompts . . . that helps significantly! For me the most difficult is to ad-lib a personal background live.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »

Great air-time for TIGHAR, well done Ric. Did you ad-lib all of it, run from bullet notes, or extract from a speech-script?

I always ad lib interviews and presentations.  I'm terrible a speaking from notes.  True Story:  In preparation for the big State Department event in 2012 I had to present the speech I was going to give to the organizers of the event.  They critiqued it and had me change parts of it.  I hated what we ended up with and thought that my presentation sounded stilted and wooden.  On the day of the event I thought to myself, "If I don't stick to their script what are they going to do?  Yank me off the dias? "  I just got up and said what I wanted to say completely ad lib.  It turned out fine.  You can see it at https://youtu.be/DMdVMzW9k1o

The presenter was listening very discerningly, not like many of them, and interjecting poignant prompts . . . that helps significantly!

He was great.  For most interviewers their highest priority is to make themselves look good.  They want to interject and ask questions frequently.  Many interviewees suck up to them by saying, "That's a really great question!"  Joe Parisi, bless his heart, just let me tell my story with minimal, but timely, input.

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 12:31:05 AM »

Great Podcast.
/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org