Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay and craigslist searches  (Read 15007 times)

Craig Romig

• T3
Ebay and craigslist searches
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:55:31 PM »

Is or has anyone kept any watch or want lists for boxes or sextants in the southseas areas? Or related areas.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Ebay and craigslist searches
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:29:51 AM »

Is or has anyone kept any watch or want lists for boxes or sextants in the southseas areas? Or related areas.

Not me.

But Andrew and others must be using some method of watching ebay.

He finds new sextants and boxes on a pretty regular basis.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Daniel Paul Cotts

• T2
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »

Yes, in eBay under "My eBay" go to "Searches You Follow" and enter the desired search string. Whenever an item comes up for auction that matches the search string, eBay sends a notification e-mail complete with a link to the auction.

When I am the person contacting the seller for additional information I always thank them for taking the time to reply. Here's the body of my thank you. I modify it to fit the situation.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am not a buyer. However, your information has contributed in a small way to the search for Amelia Earhart. In 1940 a sextant box was found by the British on a small island in the Pacific along with human remains. The box is lost. The numbers on the box were reported. The thought is to match numbers on available boxes and sextants to see if a pattern exists that might link that box to Fred Noonan, Earhart's navigator. TIGHAR.org has visited the island several times searching for artifacts that might link that place to Earhart - with some success. I've posted your numbers to the TIGHAR forum where several hundred folks will be made aware of your auction. Good luck selling your piece of history.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 04:40:59 AM »

At one point TIGHAR was auctioning its remaining supply of those coin banks as an expedition fundraiser, but I'm not sure what happened to that effort.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org