Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mystery of White Bird’s flight still unsolved  (Read 9227 times)

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Mystery of White Bird’s flight still unsolved
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:16:28 AM »

A recent article (May 8, 2015) in The Quoddy Tides ("The Most Easterly Published Newspaper in the US") recaps the disappearance of The White Bird
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
Re: Mystery of White Bird’s flight still unsolved
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »

No disrespect meant, but I don't regard a flight that crashes with no survivors as "a successful flight..." 
Just sayin!
TIGHAR Member #4154

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 02:13:53 PM »

I'm with Dan on this one. If they had made it - and survived - it would have gone down in history.

As it is, it looks like they probably made it to North America. But making the flight is only half a success. Still, you can't help but admire their guts and bravery.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »

I hope their fate is known one day, brave men deserve that; won't change history though - Monty and Dan are right.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org