Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Game  (Read 6966 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
New Game
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »

This from a new TIGHAR member:

Hello TIGHAR people:

I thought you might be amused to learn about my computer game with a Stargate theme, that runs on Apple Mac-OSX platforms that is free and OpenSource software:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/adagate/

I am attaching an image from its first beach scene, where you might be able to just make out the large SOS in the sand and the nose of a Lockheed Electra in the surf.  If you download and run the game, be sure to look up in the sky before leaving the island...

I am a retired mathematical modelling and simulations engineer that has helped to make the B2 stealthy.  I'm considering the possibility of converting the island from my game into a more realistic simulation of the Nikumaroro atoll neighborhood, perhaps using digital terrain elevation and/or satellite imagery, if I can figure out how to get such data.

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
Re: New Game
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:12:04 AM »

Cool stuff.

Bet I know where he might get a hand with some of that data.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org