Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Film vs reality  (Read 10001 times)

Michael HALL

• T1
Film vs reality
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:05:53 PM »

One thing that I am not sure of, maybe just not reading the info correctly.

In the film, the last 10 minutes or so are dominated by the radio operator trying to make contact with AE but she cant hear them, however from what i can determine from the notes about the actual communications AE and Howland could talk to each other, just AE or Howland could not get a bearing on each other, ending in AE changing channels and then loss of contact.

I am assuming there is much dramatisation within the film plot over the loss of signal to AE?

Off to get the book today Chapters has it in!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Film vs reality
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 07:10:29 PM »

The film was correct in that respect (but almost no other respect).

Hilary Christine Olson

• TIGHAR member
  • My Passion
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »

I am sure you will enjoy..Lots of good info to digest.
Have you read Ric's review of the film??? It is spot on.
  The  CGC Itasca was offshore Howland Island   and could hear AE .
AE could not receive /hear voice from  the Itasca.   There is a short film clip  on this site of AE's departure from Lae showing  the probable reason for the communication loss.
Also in Jan 2004 Tighar Track archive is a good basic summary of evidence. Its an excellent place to start.
Hilary
HCO

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:55:16 AM »

... Also in Jan 2004 Tighar Tracks archive is a good basic summary of evidence. Its an excellent place to start.

TIGHAR Tracks index.

Jan 2004 TIGHAR Tracks.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »

But, but, Amelia must be the way it happened because I saw it with my own eyes, and Hollyweird always gets it right! *dissolves into maniacal laughter*
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org