Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockheed Aircraft Company...."In the beginning!"  (Read 4733 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Lockheed Aircraft Company...."In the beginning!"
« on: June 14, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »

Hey guys...Hope your having a wonderful weekend!!!! I ran across this video clip tonight of the process of airplane manufacturing at Lockheed Martin back in 1940. As I watching this...it is definately very informative and may answer some questions in regards to Amelia's Lockheed Electra 10-E. I personally didn't realize how much work went into assembling a plane of its size. With this video, I'm wondering if the parts and pieces we have as artifacts...may in fact had been formed parts. Anyway, like I said...you will find it very interesting as you step back into time!

http://youtu.be/9vhqoEkABco
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:51:23 PM by Randy Conrad »

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
Re: Lockheed Aircraft Company...."In the beginning!"
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »

Thank you for the link Randy,....In looking for more rivet patterns, I came across labeling I didn't know was applied in the 1930's ......I don't know if other manufacturers did likewise, but in this photo, I see what appears to read NO STEP on wing edge.....Lockheed gave attention to the details, even back then it seems.

http://e-archives.lib.purdue.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=%2Fearhart&CISOPTR=781&DMSCALE=50.00000&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMMODE=viewer&DMFULL=0&DMOLDSCALE=2.52525&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=%2520miami%2520amelia&DMTHUMB=1&REC=7&DMROTATE=0&x=40&y=92
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org