Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ric at new england air museum... cancelled (and 2-2-V-1)  (Read 12196 times)

Kevin Weeks

• T3
ric at new england air museum... cancelled (and 2-2-V-1)
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »

Ric, I took my 4 year old son to the new england air museum over February break. I saw that you were scheduled to speak around that time but had cancelled (due to weather I think??) Did you make it out there or reschedule?? I live very close by! btw, my son and I had a blast at the museum and managed to win the egg carrying glider competition they had that day. my cardboard glider managed to carry an egg 75-100 feet.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: ric at new england air museum... cancelled
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »

Kevin,

I was disappointed not to be able to get to the museum that day. We were at the airport and ready to go but the ice made it impossible to even get to the runway.  I was, however, able to do a presentation via Skype to about a hundred people who had come to hear me.  We've rescheduled my visit for Father's Day, June 15.

Questions like this are best handled with a personal message rather than starting a new research topic.

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:34:41 PM »

Sorry, I figured since it was an AE presentation that it would be ok...

Do you have plans to look more at the 10A they have when you go or are you beyond that?? I think I remember you saying you have looked at it before.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »

Do you have plans to look more at the 10A they have when you go or are you beyond that?? I think I remember you saying you have looked at it before.

We've looked at c/n 1052 many times but I'm sure we'll look at it again she we're there.  We always seem to have new questions to ask of her.

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »

"We always seem to have new questions to ask of her."
Like pictures of the belly?  and maybe how far she could carry an egg as a glider? (I'd vote for her making it to the reef at Gardner island)
Kevin - thanks for posting the message in the wrong forum - I enjoyed hearing about the personal connection.
Cheers,
JohnO

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »

Hear, hear - congrats Kevin to you and your son for winning the contest - he won't forget it (and you're helping a new generation to rise and keep aviation great)!

Sorry to hear you had to miss, Ric.  Maybe June gives me a better shot at attending - want to see the place and of course hear you speak.

Well, if this isn't specific 'research', it is fresh and encouraging toward same... what it's about.  If we need to we can move this string to a more appropriate panel, of course.  Sorry to go on so...
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »

thanks guys... I thoroughly enjoy all things aircraft. Here is a picture of my son piloting version 1.0 using the "recycled materials" provided lol. yes there is an egg in there and he crashed it half a dozen times without breaking it!
Hopefully it works, this was on the museums facebook page.

Ric, I hope to be able to see your presentation! only wish it wasn't fathers day!

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »

Great picture. ;)
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org