Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Niku VI media coverage  (Read 9190 times)

Erik

• T3
Niku VI media coverage
« on: June 03, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »

FYI...

Items hint at Earhart’s final struggle
Evidence backs view that pilot, navigator died as castaways
By Rossella Lorenzi

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37489876/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Re: Niku VI media coverage
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »

Where have the last to daily reports gone, can't find them anywhere.

They're all there, none have "gone" anywhere.  The troops on Niku are in their second week of work, and there are entries all the way up to today's.  Be sure to refresh your browser's cache (press F5).

Bruce
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:01:43 PM by Bruce Thomas »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:10:40 PM »

If "touch DNA" is actually found to be AE & Fred's, then yes the evidence does establish that they were there on its own merits. IF DNA cannot establish that fact, and the Electra parts are found off the reef, then, YES, we can establish they were "probably " there, as was mentioned on another thread; that the plane could have washed up on the reef after a water landing. Right now, anything is possible, and I hope that they find indentifiable parts of the Electra, and valid DNA from the artifacts that the expedition has collected. That would put to rest the theory that Amelia & Fred were on the island. How they died, would be a totally different matter.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Joy Diane Forster

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »

I know TIGHAR has a DNA sample for AE, but what about for FN?  I was thinking that he didn't have any living relatives, but I may be mistaken about that....

TIGHAR Member #4239

Erik

• T3
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:34:22 AM »

An article about Mark Smith's camera on Niku...

Link:
Panasonic’s New AG-HPX370 Camcorder Heads to South Pacific on Amelia Earhart Search
By: Jason Dachman, Assistant Editor | Published: June 8, 2010

Peabody Award-winning Director of Photography Mark Smith recently purchased Panasonic’s new AG-HPX370 P2 HD shoulder-mount camcorder to use as the primary camera on his third voyage to the remote South Pacific island of Nikumaroro...

Smith is part of a 16-member team that departed May 18 and is traveling under the aegis of The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR)...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:42:37 AM by Erik »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org