Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Kings Latest Blog Post  (Read 12367 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: Dr Kings Latest Blog Post
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »

"Bile spewing"?  ;D I know Dr. King. I don't think he has a billous bone in his body.

"Junk science, phony academia, smoke and mirrors, a compliant and corrupt media, and an ignorant, apathetic and uninformed public have combined to create one of the most universally accepted false narratives in American culture, rivaled only by the continuing promotion of the absurd Warren Report lies in the JFK hit."

Thanks for posting this, I needed a good laugh first thing in the morning.

LTM, who's pretty sure he can handle the truth,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:48:29 AM by Monty Fowler »

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »

Wow! 

Talk about Bile Spewing, Mike Campbell and friends really can't resist being nasty, and certainly aren't interested in hearing anything other than their own "Truth".  Towing the Truth line has reached cult stage with these guys, and anyone who doesn't buy in is instantly assigned enemy status and shunned as part of some kind of conspiracy to keep the public in the dark about what really happened. 

It is no wonder why he gets such a poor reception from the media. 

Makes me wonder what will happen if we find the Electra off Niku, although I suppose they will figure some way to include that in the conspiracy so they don't have to alter their "Truth".

Andrew

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »

Exactly, Andrew. I admit that I wasted 20 minutes of my life, which I will never get back, perusing some of Mr. Campbell's writings ... which seem, to me, to be inordinately focused on whether he, personally, is getting enough attention for his Earhart/Noonan theory.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, Mr. Campbell, if you're reading this. TIGHAR uses things called "facts" to catch its flies; you might want to give it a try sometime just to see what you can reel in that way, as opposed to your current path.

LTM, who's pretty sure he can handle the truth,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER

Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Mark Appel

• T3
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »

Not a frequent poster, but I can't resist the siren song of the (un)common Loon...

Campbell is just one example of the genuinely, uh, disturbed people that are attracted to the Earhart mystery. Not trying to be inflammatory or defaming here; just descriptive. These people are possessed of a religious belief (note the small "r") that their hypothesis is unassailable--this despite any supporting, objective evidence derived from application of the scientific method.

Moreover, despite whatever differences they may have in their individual hypotheses, they share a singular and very passionate disdain for the work of Tighar in general, and Ric specifically. In fact, they express extreme and very personal distaste for Ric.

Hey, I ain't no psychologist. But there is a common thread here. And that point of confluence is the very, very personal and extreme nature of their disgust. I'm all for taking the high road in these matters. But at the end of the day, the kind of behavior expressed by Campbell et al. is simply weird as all hell.

And you can quote me...

"Credibility is Everything"

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:26:52 PM by Mark Appel »

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »

I can't believe I clicked on the link.  Every fiber of my being told me not to, but I did anyway.   I'll never do that again...well, until the next link is put up anyhow.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »

This is one of the reasons Ric has been so successful publicity wise, in Tighar's search for Amelia

Ric has never as far as am aware, Personally attacked any other researcher in a way that he has been victim off

So hats off to Ric

Thanks Richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

charles22

• T1
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »

Not a frequent poster, but I can't resist the siren song of the (un)common Loon...

Campbell is just one example of the genuinely, uh, disturbed people that are attracted to the Earhart mystery. Not trying to be inflammatory or defaming here; just descriptive. These people are possessed of a religious belief (note the small "r") that their hypothesis is unassailable--this despite any supporting, objective evidence derived from application of the scientific method.

Moreover, despite whatever differences they may have in their individual hypotheses, I think they both share a singular and very passionate disdain for the work of Tighar in general, and Ric specifically. In fact, they express extreme and very personal distaste for Ric.

Hey, I ain't no psychologist. But there is a common thread here. And that point of confluence is the very, very personal and extreme nature of their disgust. I'm all for taking the high road in these matters. But at the end of the day, the kind of behavior expressed by Campbell et al. is simply weird as all hell, more weird than a lot of other people.

And you can quote me...

There is a common thread and I agree that Campbell is weird for sure. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:21:19 PM by charles22 »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:15 AM »

I don't take their insults personally because not one of these guys who seem to hate me so much has ever actually met me or even talked to me on the phone.  It's like, to them, I'm not so much a person as a symbol.  I am "the other." 

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:52 AM »

I've met Dr. King and he is a gentleman in every sense of the word and a deeply thoughtful scholar who is careful with his work and impeccable in his word.  What utter nonsense - I didn't and don't care to go to the linked material - prima facie it appears to be more distortions from those who don't bother much with facts or objectivity.

Ric's enthusiasm and leadership of an organization that very often must proceed along the lines of ideas (hypotheses) to try to sort out historic puzzles (as I'll loosely call it for now as an enthusiast) makes him an easy target for the phenomenon of man's seemingly oft-genetically imprinted urge to 'differ' with one who would stand for something.  If he stands for what you are after, fear not - jump aboard; if not, why the rancor?  It is as if the internet reduces man's penchant for differing to cyber road rage - the keyboard is as if a membrane that provides anonymity, much as does seemingly the steel and glass of the automobile; how apparently safe to give the middle finger salute, so easily then does one defy a good mother's raising...

That's carefully put, I realize.  I've been on hiatus for a while and have cleared the palate - now back with a fresh thought or two (dangerous...) as I read the 'status quo' of this pursuit (antagonists are a constant in the equation); I find the fresh thoughts much as were those previous of the perspiring mind - Ric and TIGHAR remain a juicy target for those who like to 'pick'.  One wonders, if it is not their cup of tea, why not leave it off?  Nay, that would defy the ancient imprint of public difference...

O how safe to argue against one who would confront the vageries and long odds of solving ancient riddles;
O how gutless it can seem at times, too.  But one supposes that if the detractors bothered to get the facts straight, the 'logical arguments' (read: 'attacks') would seldom arise...

Happy New Year.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org