Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What The Hell  (Read 12818 times)

richie conroy

• T5
What The Hell
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »

What's going on members ?

I know i have been awol for a while but the site seems to have imploded on its self, I thought after next year's expedition news the forum would have been busy as hell, The reason i decided to take a break from forum in first place.

However it seem's like every one else has decided to take a break at same time  :o

Anyways i swear, That clear glass freckle ointment pot is more elusive than Amelia and Fred it's annoying because there is a key word for that kind of miniature jar, And when searched on Google with right key word there will be loads.

Ric how is the fund raising going for next year ?

Maybe uploading some under water video's may get people back on forum or maybe some topics relating to unidentified objects yet to be found  :)

Thanks Richie

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Lisa Grinnell

• T1
Re: What The Hell
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »

Hey Richie, For me there was such relief hearing about next year's expedition after all the focus on--I hate to say it lest its mention stir the waters again--the lawsuit. It seems so right that TIGHAR is back to organizing the next expedition. That's where the proof will be, hopefully. Unless something new is discovered in the meanwhile (like another anomaly?) so much has been explored on the forum re AE-- thoroughly, expertly, backwards, forwards--there's not much more to plumb. The forum has done a great job bringing the project this far. A slower pace and even silence is ok.

As a relative newcomer, that's my take.

Other perspectives? Lisa

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 06:55:07 AM »

so much has been explored on the forum re AE-- thoroughly, expertly, backwards, forwards--there's not much more to plumb. The forum has done a great job bringing the project this far. A slower pace and even silence is ok.

You've got it right Lisa.  Although there are always points to ponder and nits to pick, the bulk of the work is done.  The Niku Hypothesis is the only Earhart theory that is supported by hard evidence - and the evidence, although admittedly circumstantial, is abundant and diverse.  All that is left now is to try (again) to find the one artifact that unequivocally proves the case.
Meanwhile, we find ourselves in the bizarre circumstance of having to expend badly needed time and money defending against the charge that the final proof has already be been found and we either kept it secret or were negligent in not realizing it had been found.  We're currently in the discovery phase of the legal proceedings.  I have until December 1 to answer a long list of "interrogatories." We also have to dig out, catalog and submit thousands of documents and emails which Mellon's attorneys will be happy to peruse at their hourly rate for evidence of fraud and negligence that isn't there.

But despite the annoyance and expense of defending against Mellon's frivolous abuse of the legal system, TIGHAR is moving forward with planning and preparations for the next expedition.  Funding is going to depend on finding major individual and/or corporate sponsorship but that won't happen without a well-thought-out, well-articulated, and widely publicized and plan.

And if that isn't enough to keep us occupied , TIGHAR is about to announce a huge and exciting upgrade to the organization's growth potential.

As you say, a relatively quiet forum is a blessing right now.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:14 AM »

As you say, a relatively quiet forum is a blessing right now.

I second that. Unforseen family issues have succeeded in basically sucking me dry of anything resembling spare time.

Although, as always, I send what I can, when I can. Gotta' keep putting one foot in front of the other on this particular journey.

LTM, who believes that the good guys always win in the end,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:13:31 AM by Monty Fowler »

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »

Ric,

if I may be so bold to ask after your statement
And if that isn't enough to keep us occupied , TIGHAR is about to announce a huge and exciting upgrade to the organization's growth potential
what are membership numbers like?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »

what are membership numbers like?

TIGHAR currently has about 1,200 active members.

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:29:19 AM »

Thanks Ric :)

Jennifer Hubbard

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »

It feels like a time of waiting. There are many balls in the air: ongoing photo analysis, a bones report (of which only the abstract has so far appeared), an upcoming expedition, the outcome of a lawsuit. Quiet here, though much is in the works ...

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »

I have an excuse!  New job (thank God) and very little time (once or twice per week) will I be able to 'look' in. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 04:07:55 AM »

Me too, disaster relief for the folks back home. Special thanks to the US Marine Corp, US Navy, Canada, New Zealand, Royal Navy/air force, in fact too many to mention, well done world :D
This must be the place

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org