Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wreckage in the photo 38nwjpg  (Read 15867 times)

matt john barth

• T1
wreckage in the photo 38nwjpg
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »

I see what looks like airplane wreckage on the beach just north of the norwich city. Has anyone else looked at this? My wife noticed it when I saved the pic and stuck it to my desktop. Well this blew it up automatically and that is when we noticed. This piece that shows up white in the black and white photo. There are other things on there as well.
Matthew J. Barth

Bill de Creeft

• TIGHAR member
Re: wreckage in the photo 38nwjpg
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »

I see interesting stuff there too...and hoping for even more interesting things will show up in the original negatives!

But since Tighar (In the form of Ric and Jeff Glickman) is or are headed there for a look at those 40 +something pictures, with some neat equipment to take a closer look, I have refrained from adding to the questions until they have a chance at answers...isn't this next week the week they are headed there ?

So it's not that I'm not interested!...I just think it's jumping the gun; for me at least !
Did you post a sample of what you are talking about?...that's okay; I think I see it too...but I bet a lot of us do...
Won't be long now!
Bill
(81 years old and would love to see answers 'while I'm young'...but willing to let a few questions 'soak'...
Bill de Creeft

Tighar Member #4131

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:29:10 PM »

Thanks for the nice reply Bill, I think you are the only one that didn't try to make me look stupid.
Matthew J. Barth

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »

Matt, sometimes some of us agree by just not saying anything. Don't take it personally if you don't get a lot of replies, take it to mean that there are others that agree with you..
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 09:23:47 AM »

In response to woody's comment. Thanks, I think what I am curious about, is weather or not any of us had seen that pic before. I've seen just about every pic related to the AE catastrophe. I don't have a lot of time to read real deep in the forums. Meaning can't tell if these three pics are part of the new collection they are going after or has the pictures that have been posted a couple that Tighar already had. I'm just trying to spread news that isn't new. I know that I hadn't seen that one before.
Matthew J. Barth

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »

Matt, I am aware of two other times that at least portions of the photo have been posted on the Forum before. I'm afraid that I don't remember, right now, exactly where the postings occurred. It's almost impossible to keep up with all of the information contained here.

I have attached a copy of the two previous versions below.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »

I don't see any wreckage on the beach, but there is something interesting under water at about 1 O'clock off the bow off the N.C., toward the entrance to the passage, with a piece (left side) sticking out of the water.  Or is it just another flaw in the picture that looks like something of interest?  Probably. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 03:42:25 PM »

Ric,
We assume while you're there in N.Z. you guys will poke around to see if there are any "photo negs. of the ground survey".

Ted Campbell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org