Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Resolution 2010 "Wire & Rope" video  (Read 12130 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Full Resolution 2010 "Wire & Rope" video
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »

I have the full-resolution "Wire & Rope" video available for anyone who wants to see it.  Send me your request via email to tigharic@mac.com and I'll send you a link to TIGHAR's public DropBox folder where you'll be able to view the video. There's no timecode on the full resolution version.  The time code was added to the half-res "proxie" version posted on YouTube for ease of reference.  You can download the file from Dropbox if you want to but it's 5.36 GB so be careful what you wish for.

I've studied the video (yet again) and there are still no airplane parts, body parts, or musical instruments there as far as I can tell.  I do, however, see that toward the end of the video the ROV inadvertently dislodged the piece of wire or whip coral or whatever it is.  You can see it in the YouTube version. Look at the before and after views included here.

The first shot shows the object as first found.  The white arrow points out a chunk of coral that is holding the whatever-it-is in place. At 8:02 into the video the ROV swims in to get a closer look but, because the ROV is small and the current fairly strong, the operator has a hard time holding the ROV steady and he bumps into the coral, inadvertently dislodging the object which flies up past the camera (13:44:12;11 in the YouTube version).  The ROV pulls back and in the second shot you can see that the piece of coral has rotated and the object is gone.   In the third shot, one second later in the video, the object can be seen lying on the bottom where it landed a meter or two away.  About all we can say is that the object is not buoyant and did not break apart after it was knocked loose from where it was.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: Full Resolution 2010 "Wire & Rope" video
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »

The version of "Wire and Rope" sent me by Mark Smith does have the time stamp on every frame, running 8.55 minutes from 13:35:20 to 13:43:52.

I find the time stamp most useful for documentation purposes, and am happy to provide a copy to whomever needs it. Send me a PM to discuss delivery details.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »

The version of "Wire and Rope" sent me by Mark Smith does have the time stamp on every frame, running 8.55 minutes from 13:35:20 to 13:43:52.

That's puzzling.  I'll ask Mark about it.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »

For those of you requesting the link to the DropBox - please be aware that if somebody downloads the file it removes it from the Dropbox and I have to load in another copy.  When I send you the link, if you go to the DropBox and it's empty, check back a little later.  I'll keep it replenished as best I can.
Also, remember that I'll be traveling from Sunday until Friday so I'll have to catch up on requests that come in next week after I get back.  Rest assured that everyone who wants to see the Full-Res Festival of Coral will get their chance.

Bob Jones

• T1
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

Forget the Festival of Coral,  I am way more interested in the pics you are going after next week :)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:33 PM »

Forget the Festival of Coral,  I am way more interested in the pics you are going after next week :)

Thanks.  Me too.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »

Is the longer version of the wire and rope video available for us to view? The current version starts and ends right on an area that appeared interesting.  But there must have been footage approaching that area, and leaving it.  I would really appreciate being able to see more then the 8:55 available.
Thanks
Leon

The ROV video was shot in "clips."  The 8:55 minute clip is the entire clip, so there is no longer version.  Finding the immediately preceding or following clip would be a huge task because the clips were not named chronologically.  They were named by an automated system that assigned random names.  For example the "wire and rope" clip is 0012XO.  The preceding clip is 009G8 and has no relation to 0012XO. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org