Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Index for TIGHAR videos  (Read 53670 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Index for TIGHAR videos
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:46:22 AM »

A Forum member wrote me today: "What I wanted to suggest was an index of videos and links.  While u-tube has a useful search function, and can find things like 'TIGHAR' and 'Amelia,' it seemed to me that TIGHAR would benefit by having an index with brief descriptions like has been done with other research materials."

I don't have time to work on this at present.

The purpose of this thread is simply to list and briefly describe TIGHAR's video resources.

If people start arguing about the content or meaning of the videos in this thread, I will delete such posts without comment and without regret.  You'll have to take the discussion to a separate thread.

The first resource to consult is "The TIGHAR Channel" on YouTube.  You can subscribe to the channel and be alerted by e-mail when TIGHAR uploads a new video.  I believe that there are 26 videos available there.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:47:59 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

John Ousterhout

• T4
Interviews with Tom King
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »

(I'll start, by copying and pasting verbatim from threads I find.  To save space I'll leave-out the attributions, unless someone thinks that's important.)
Below are a series of links from The Interview with Tom King thread:

Tom King was on:
Indiana Jones..... Myth's, Realities and 21st Century Archaeology

January 11, 2012
Hosted by Dr. Joseph Schuldenrein
Tom is on for the whole hour, and discusses how he got involved, the navigational logic, post-loss radio messages, the search for Amelia, finding the bones, searching in Fiji, and TIGHAR's hopes for the Symposium in 2012 and the potential for a deep water search after that.
Fairfax, Virginia's Public Access Television (Channel 10) has posted online the 3rd installment of their series of interviews with Dr. Thomas King. here.  Lee Shephard and Chuck Langdon discuss the ongoing search and explore the archaeological work.  This segment was recorded in July, 2012 and lasts 28 minutes.

Cheers,
JohnO

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:40:41 AM by John Ousterhout »

John Ousterhout

• T4
British Pathe' news reels
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 07:30:01 AM »

Links from the British Pathe "A Tragedy of the Pacific" thread:
here
Nice shots of Amelia, Fred, the Electra, The USS Colorado and its search planes, and the Lexington. Sort of brings it all to life.

Cheers,
JohnO

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:41:11 AM by John Ousterhout »

John Ousterhout

• T4
Interviews with Ric Gillespie
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »

Interview with Rick Gillespie from USA Today, "Expeditions to find more evidence may lead to answers in the death of pilot, Amelia Earhart."

Cheers,
JohnO

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Interviews with Tom King
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Index for TIGHAR videos
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »

Solving the Amelia Earhart Mystery -- Vimeo. "An outline of the Nikumaroro hypothesis as it has been developed by TIGHAR over the last 20 years of investigative work into the disappearance of Amelia Earhart."

Posted in 2010.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »

Here is a fun one.

Richie opens and drinks two coconuts in 36 seconds

http://youtu.be/cF8fMqSiLqw

Oddly, the quality of this video seems to have degraded since it was first uploaded.  How does that happen?

AMCK

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 03:20:15 PM »

And the Aerial Tour of Nikumaroro is probably worth calling out individually.

http://youtu.be/DL9FGsvB3E8

If you are active on the Forum and haven't seen this video, please take the time.

Andrew

John Ousterhout

• T4
RC model Electra in flight
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 05:40:22 AM »

There's a YouTube video from several years ago showing this particular RC Electra flying.LTM,

Cheers,
JohnO

John Ousterhout

• T4
Fuel consumption, and overview of Niku hypothesis
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »

@ 8:40 of this video, you will see some work Ric did with Covington Research Laboratories to research this problem of fuel consumption versus requirements of charging the battery on the Electra.  This won't answer every possible question on the radio signals, but it's a good video presentation of this problem and a good overview of the Niku Hypothesis.
Cheers,
JohnO

John Ousterhout

• T4
National Geographic programs
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:19:44 AM »

Cheers,
JohnO

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
non-TIGHAR media
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »

"Amelia--A Tribute" by James Fadink on Vimeo.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »

Hi All

Aldo not directly connected to Tighar, Was good to hear positive things mentioned for a change http://shows.howstuffworks.com/sysk/this-day-in-history-amelia-earhart-video.htm
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 05:32:27 AM »

(copied from "Amelia Earhart...The Price of Courage" thread)
Hey ya all...Glancing at several videos on youtube on Amelia and ran across this one. I've never seen this one before and found it very very interesting. Anyway, did notice that Amelia had a passion for one particular piece of cloth that she used in her hairbows and around her neck. It may be just a coincidence, but thought that black was very unusual color to be used alot through most of her life. Also, part of the video depicts Amelia's flying capability as a pilot. That in itself is interesting!!! Overall, its an awesome video into most of her life. Pictures that many of you like myself, have never seen before! Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOG6uaiWC-M&feature=player_detailpage
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:20:35 PM by Randy Conrad »

<Ric's comment:>
The title of the film is an odd reversal of AE's expressed belief that "courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."  So what then is the price of courage?

The imagery used in the documentary is often misleading and does not show what the narration implies is being shown.  The narrative is basically a rehash of the Earhart legend as promoted by George Putnam and Earhart herself during her lifetime and endlessly reiterated and embellished by worshipful biographers like Doris Rich.  Some of the narration in the documentary is outright fiction, like the bit about AE being kicked out of a finishing school for "stunts like walking on the roof in her nightgown."  And don't get me started about Gore Vidal and his supposed memories.  Total hogwash.  The only bright spot in the whole charade is Brad Washburn.  Brad was the real deal - a true explorer and pioneer.  In the early years of the Earhart Project I talked to Brad several times about his experience with AE. His assessment of Earhart as "pathologically optimistic" but totally irresponsible in her preparations for the flight is, I think, perceptive and accurate. Brad died in 2007.

The makers of the documentary had an agenda and they changed the story to make Earhart the person they wanted her to be.  Their message seems to be that the price of courage is death.  I beg to differ.
<end comment>
Cheers,
JohnO

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:15:51 PM by John Ousterhout »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org