Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1938 Aerial Photos  (Read 386396 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: 1938 Aerial Photos
« Reply #315 on: April 02, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »

I would suggest we un-pin this from the top of the forum topics. It has been quite some time, and there are unlikely to be any new developments.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2016, 06:39:36 AM »

Well, before this thread gets moved, let me ask this question:  "Is there any sign in any of the photographs of activity around the site of the cairn/pile of coral slabs found by the Betchart Expedition team?" 

Would someone please annotate one of the  photographs with the approximate location of the cairn?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »

Would someone please annotate one of the  photographs with the approximate location of the cairn?

I've circled the general location but I don't see anything unusual.  The putative cairn was seen and photographed by one of the Betchart tourists during one of their walk-abouts.  No experienced TIGHAR was present, no GPS reading was taken, and no map was marked.  We have only the finder's general description that the feature was at the northwest end of the island. 

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »

Thanks Ric.

It kind of makes sense they'd favor that area as 'Camp Zero'.  It looks to me like they'd have a favorable breeze and with just a few steps perhaps, they'd have a near-180 degree field of view to the horizon and still be able to keep an eye on the Electra.

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #319 on: July 13, 2016, 08:33:56 AM »

Would it be possible to post a link to DropBox or wherever these are stored so that TIGHAR members, who helped pay for this trip and the analysis, can view them freely and see what they can find?

LTM,

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #320 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:48 AM »

Would it be possible to post a link to DropBox or wherever these are stored so that TIGHAR members, who helped pay for this trip and the analysis, can view them freely and see what they can find?

Have you really missed the point of this entire 22 page thread?

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #321 on: July 13, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »

I know that we never got  final report on what was or was not seen. I think it's only fair that those of us who helped pay to send you and Jeff down there get to see the fruits of our investment.

LTM,

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #322 on: July 13, 2016, 05:25:01 PM »

I know that we never got  final report on what was or was not seen.

No "final report" was promised.  This thread includes extensive discussions of what was seen and not seen.

I think it's only fair that those of us who helped pay to send you and Jeff down there get to see the fruits of our investment.

Hi-res images of all the NZ photos were made available to all TIGHAR members at the TIGHAResearcher Level and above in August 1013. 

Stacy Galloway

• T2
« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »

I know that we never got  final report on what was or was not seen.

No "final report" was promised.  This thread includes extensive discussions of what was seen and not seen.

I think it's only fair that those of us who helped pay to send you and Jeff down there get to see the fruits of our investment.

Hi-res images of all the NZ photos were made available to all TIGHAR members at the TIGHAResearcher Level and above in August 1013.

On that note, I'd like to ask what Jeff's findings were on this object in photo 301.

And if it wasn't evaluated by Jeff, then I'm curious what everyone thinks this is. It's definitely not a natural object and it's quite large (~ 20').

I'm attaching a small jpg crop of the original photo with location circled.

And then a close-up of the object.

TIGHAR #4284R

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org