Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund  (Read 705554 times)

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
Re: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund
« Reply #675 on: July 18, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »

""TIGHAR hid evidence from me by posting it to youtube" --- I can't even type it with a straight face."

Don't do that!  Now I have to clean the Gatorade off my monitor and keyboard

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #676 on: July 19, 2014, 08:19:42 AM »

A request:
Let us not stoop.  Please avoid ad hominem attacks.  We're better than that and they accomplish nothing productive.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #677 on: July 25, 2014, 03:14:31 PM »

The smoking gun.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Kent Beuchert

• T1
« Reply #678 on: July 25, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »

After examination of the photos, I'd say that isn't even a gun, much less a smoking gun. And the statistics, without supporting  context, are totally meaningless.

David Alan

• T1
« Reply #679 on: July 25, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »

Intriguing, to say the least, though I am not a forensic analyst.  But, how much does it matter that the measurements of a known object are being assigned to an object of unknown values?  Is that not one of the major issues with the underwater footage, that there is no scale?  Yes, they coincide to an apparently very acceptable degree, nonetheless, I can make a pattern of pinpricks in a card, hold it up to the night sky and align the pinpricks to the Big Dipper.

To pick another nit, Figure 6 of the report outlines an area much too short for the total length of the two objects proposed to be the window slide.

To be clear, I think this is certainly worthy of consideration and I look forward to the debate that will likely ensue, but I'm not sure you can call this a smoking gun.  I would also commend you, Tim, for continuing to fund research into the Earhart disappearance even though the air of contention is thick.

d alan

We has met the enemy, and he is us.
                                              Pogo

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #680 on: July 25, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »

The smoking gun.

Fascinating.

But -

Why is an object that is clearly aluminum (silver) on the Electra appearing as brownish / rust (like ferrous metal in salt water)?

Why do we see only a portion of the actual length of what would be the window slide frame (the right side being covered by a rock, or tailwheel or something, and the left side being square-cut in a way not consistent with the Electra's slide frame)?

What is the long 'thingy' ('hanging' vertically downward as viewed in the picture in the report)?  I don't see anything in the Electra that would correspond to that.

The suggested 'rivet spacing' is interesting - the pattern is 'right' enough, but the object holds out with one glaring exception in my view: it takes a huge leap to assign any confidence to the 'scale' that has been so torturously arrived at in the report.  A very large assumption was applied, in my view.  I'll grant that ordinary yardsticks aren't themselves a bad scale - but in following this I was asked (by the reporter, so to speak) to make the leap to believing that the object in the seafloor picture is reliably what the reporter suggests, so as to correlate the two and convince myself of 'scale' as the report did.  I am not convinced.

Interesting Tim, but I think you are throwing good money after bad, IMHO.  But if you are convinced, then consider that the only way to know for sure is to ride out there and kick the sediment off all that stuff and have a close look. 

So you have this man's view.  What you can get others to see in this remains to be seen, I suppose.  I don't recall any public clammer about "Earhart Found!" over the original reports, so I just dunno 'bout this... not a gun - in fact, looks about as soggy as old toilet paper on the seafloor to me, frankly.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #681 on: July 25, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »

Erm

i think it was me who brought this same object to light in the rov thread as i believed it resembled a pull down strap but after further analyses it was just as it appears a rock 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #682 on: July 25, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »

The smoking gun.

Fascinating.

But -

Why is an object that is clearly aluminum (silver) on the Electra appearing as brownish / rust (like ferrous metal in salt water)?

Jeff, your assumptions may be getting ahead of you. Why do you assume the window track is made of aluminum rather, say, than of stainless steel? Do you have chemistry and metallurgy as expertises?

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #683 on: July 25, 2014, 06:19:08 PM »

Erm

i think it was me who brought this same object to light in the rov thread as i believed it resembled a pull down strap but after further analyses it was just as it appears a rock

Richie, even the rocks at Stonehenge don't have regular lines of rivets.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #684 on: July 25, 2014, 06:39:24 PM »

Ermo

Richie, even the rocks at Stonehenge don't have regular lines of rivets.
edit
I don't see any rivets on the suggested aircraft part.
The other object, that has what looks like a rivet pattern, looks rusty and could be from the wreck of the Norwich City. That line could have been tied off to the wreck at one time.

3971R

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:29:02 PM by Greg Daspit »

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #685 on: July 25, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »

LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Joe Cerniglia

• TIGHAR member
  • Niku in a rainstorm
« Reply #686 on: July 25, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »

Breaking news

Joe Cerniglia
TIGHAR #3078C

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #687 on: July 25, 2014, 08:17:49 PM »

Tim

There is one reason why this Earhart search continue's for evidence to this day,

Because so many different organisations have there own theory's and there livelihood no doubt lye in hands of sponsors, It is these people that Tighar have to convince to the point of conceading defeat or they will continue to disrespect Tighar to gain contributions and supporters.

In my view money talks an the money u have wasted paying yes men and woman, you could of been more clever an have concrete evidence instead your evidence is no more viable than sapien or crash and sank 

thanks richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #688 on: July 25, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »

3971R

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #689 on: July 25, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »

Wonderful to hear this.  Tim please forget the appeals, just let the search go forward and resolve this mystery
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org