Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Membership renewal - let's all kick it up a notch this year!  (Read 29583 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."

Got my TIGHAR membership renewal packet in the mail today, and made a decision - I am going to kick it up a notch to the next level from where I am now (Researcher) because:
  • I believe in TIGHAR, its methods and its mission;
  • I like the way TIGHAR does business - professional, dispassionate and rational;
  • The next Nikumaroro expedition is coming up, and I want to have a tiny bit of "skin in the game," as it were;
  • It's worth it just to see what that Gillespie character will say next  :D
I know things are tight for a lot of us - me included - but when you average out the pennies a day you're giving TIGHAR, compared to what you get out of it (the forums, TIGHAR Tracks, knowing you're helping an amazing cause), to me it is totally worth it.

So here's a friendly little challenge to all you TIGHAR members, forum readers and forum lurkers - If you're a member, kick it up a level this year! If you're not a member, join!

LTM, who believes the people will find Amelia and Fred,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Re: Membership renewal - let's all kick it up a notch this year!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »

Hey Monty...Already done that! But, now that you mention taking it up a notch...can a person upgrade his membership and pay the difference or would I have to pay the entire amount. Let me know!!! Thanks!!!!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »

Hey Monty...Already done that! But, now that you mention taking it up a notch...can a person upgrade his membership and pay the difference or would I have to pay the entire amount. Let me know!!! Thanks!!!!

Sounds like it's time for us to put together a "special deal" for new memberships and current member upgrades.  Let me consult with the Chancellor of the Exchequer.  We'll announce whatever we come up with on Monday.

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:50 AM »

Renew- and remember that TIGHAR will always gladly accept additional donations from members, as well as non- memebrs  :D
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:06:08 AM »

As promised, here's a Special Deal for Forum readers and posters only. We won't advertise this anywhere else.
Until May 31st, current TIGHAR members at the Associate level ($55/yr) can upgrade to TIGHAResearcher level (125$/yr) for $50.  A savings of $20.
Forum readers and posters (you don't have to be a registered 'member' of the Forum) can join TIGHAR at the TIGHAResearcher level ($125/yr) for $105. Again, a savings of $20.
It will take a few days to plug this Special Deal into the TIGHAR Store software but, until then you can phone us with your credit card info  - (302) 994-4410 - during normal business hours, or send a check payable to TIGHAR to
TIGHAR
2812 Fawkes Drive
Wilmington, DE 19808

Just put "Forum" on the check to get the special rate.

Phil T Martin

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »

I just renewed my membership yesterday thru the online store. I stayed at the Researcher level (it was hard enough to get my better half to agree to that!), but will try to help out more thru the year as I'm able.

I had visions of winning the Powerball jackpot - I assume whatever was left after Uncle Sam took his portion would still be more than enough to cover me for life and offer to put a team on Niku in a temporary shelter, with all the help and provisions needed to keep them there until the entire island had been searched - on and offshore. Ah, to dream... 

Phil Martin
3225R

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »

As promised, here's a Special Deal for Forum readers and posters only. We won't advertise this anywhere else.
Until May 31st, current TIGHAR members at the Associate level ($55/yr) can upgrade to TIGHAResearcher level (125$/yr) for $50.  A savings of $20.
Forum readers and posters (you don't have to be a registered 'member' of the Forum) can join TIGHAR at the TIGHAResearcher level ($125/yr) for $105. Again, a savings of $20.
It will take a few days to plug this Special Deal into the TIGHAR Store software but, until then you can phone us with your credit card info  - (302) 994-4410 - during normal business hours, or send a check payable to TIGHAR to
TIGHAR
2812 Fawkes Drive
Wilmington, DE 19808

Just put "Forum" on the check to get the special rate.

That's a fantastic deal for which I, and surely many others as well, sincerely thank you. Please do let us know when everything is set up to take the upgrades on line. Luckily payday is only a few days away.

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »

Thank you, Mr. Gillespie, sir.

See what I mean? Is this a great organization, or what?

LTM, who still uses envelopes and stamps to mail paper checks in,

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:32 AM »

Okay, here's how we're going to handle the special TIGHAR membership upgrade and new TIGHAResearcher member discount for Forum readers and posters.
If you want to take advantage of this limited time offer (ends May 31), it's a simple two-step process.
1. Go the TIGHAR website home page and make a donation - $50 for current member upgrade to TIGHAResearcher or $105 for new TIGHAResearcher membership - by clicking on the "Donate" button.
2. Send an email to info@tighar.org saying that you want to take advantage of the special Forum offer. If you're an upgrading TIGHAR member all we need is your name. If you're a new member please give us your name, snail-mail address, and a daytime phone number. Of course, you can also call us on the phone (302-994-4410) with your credit card info or send a check in U.S. dollars payable to TIGHAR to 2812 Fawkes Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808.

Thanks

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 05:21:07 PM »

Done - check inbound to TIGHAR Central at the Sponsor Level plus the extra for that supersecret special research enhancement activity we talked about.

LTM, who knows how to keep his lips zipped,

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:07:06 AM by Monty Fowler »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »

Well done Agent 2189CER.

Bob Conner

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 05:37:28 AM »

I just joined in late Jan of this year.  If I take advantage of the special rate that ends today will I get a year tacked on to the end of my current membership to extent my membership or do I have to wait until my current membership is up?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 06:20:39 AM »

I just joined in late Jan of this year.  If I take advantage of the special rate that ends today will I get a year tacked on to the end of my current membership to extent my membership or do I have to wait until my current membership is up?

If you upgrade now you'll get the benefits of being a TIGHAResearcher for the rest of your membership year.  You'll receive a renewal notice prior to your January renewal date.

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »

See the post from Mr. Gillespie, sir, above - what could be cooler than being a TIGHAR Researcher? The Discovery Channel DVD alone is worth the price.

And we still need fuel for the New Zealand trip, I suspect. As an extra added bonus, a $100 US dollar donation to the trip will get our research team $129 New Zealand dollars worth of Kiwi-fueled excitement. Come on, you know you want to!

LTM, who knows how to tell his fuels apart,

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:59:14 PM by Monty Fowler »

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »

The research bulletin describing the 1938 photos is now up on the TIGHAR website.  See Lost and Found.

You'll see that TIGHAR members at the TIGHAResearcher level and above can request access to hi-res JPEGS of the photos by sending an email to Pat (the President of TIGHAR, Website Designer, Publications Art Director, member Services Manager, my wife, and the brains behind the whole she-bang). Pat will reply with an invitation to join TIGHAR's Flickr account where you can view and, if you wish, download the photos.  It's okay to post screen captures of things you see (or think you see) on the forum but you can't just spread the photos around willy-nilly.  If you want your own set of photos but don't want to join TIGHAR you can order scans from the museum.

Yet another reason to bump your membership up to Researcher level!

LTM, Who tries to make acronyms out of Flickr,

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org