Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New TIGHAR Tracks  (Read 73712 times)

Al Leonard

• T2
Re: New TIGHAR Tracks
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »

Ric,

Regardless of their size, I'm wondering if you think that the two anomalies Richie has marked are real objects. If 'yes' I'm wondering where these anomalies are relative to the debris field mapped on the last Tighar cruise, and also relative to the underwater anomaly Riche noted a few weeks ago. Perhaps they are just giant chunks of coral thrown up on the reef, something which Tighar has seen before? Perhaps these items are worth a look by Mr. Glickman...

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »

The dash dot anomaly was discussed in a previous thread with links to the full un-cropped picture in the Hiding in Plain Sight bulletin.
I think the dash dot as seen in the un-cropped Bevington photo is roughly between the NC and the shore, and maybe even a little south of the Norwich City and is likely NC debris as discussed in the previous thread. The anomaly in the aerial photo Richie posted is a different anomaly, between Nessie and the NC. The picture taken from inside the Norwich City, through the hole, is probably another anomaly, and may not be an object, IMHO

Edit
For more see bullitens 32, 56 and 57 linked in the archived research bulletins
3971R

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:51:43 PM by G. Daspit »

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »

Regarding the Dash Dot, Bulletin 17 has some preliminary analysis. It also seems to show the Bevington object in 1999? (Not totally hidden for 18 years due to cropping)
3971R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013, 02:30:31 AM »

Role on Wednesday, FedEx are delivering my copy to work (sorry Margaret I know i'm not supposed to do this but its the only way I can get it)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »

Got my copy a few weeks ago, read it right away.  Excellent!  Thank you.

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

Finally arrived today, very very nice and to say it travelled across the Atlantic and then half way around the UK it smells like only new magazine smell :)

Note to self email TIGHAR central to update my address  :-[

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »

Ric,
Anything new on exacting the position of the "Dash - Dot" and comparing it to "Nessie"? 
Again, in the way Jeff did for Nessie. 
I am interested in this now even more with the discovery of Richie's anomaly. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »

Anything new on exacting the position of the "Dash - Dot" and comparing it to "Nessie"? 

We recently got a 1200 dpi scan of that photo from the NZ Air Force Museum.  Jeff looked at it and confirmed that the "dash-dot" is not airplane wreckage and there's no sign of Nessie in that photo. Dead end - but at least we know.

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »

Just wanted to say, the new Tighar Tracks edition was incredible. All of the stories were written nicely. There was not one boring section. My hat off to the man who did the Time and Tide study. That was an incredible project. I don't think anyone has pointed this out, but when you look at the tide study you'll see that on July 8th the water rose so high that the radio transmitter would have been submerged in water, which would render the plane useless and support the theory that the plane was swept of the beach. I don't know what type of evidence you would call this, would it be circumstantial? I'll just say again that was a mind blowing study. I printed the new tighar tracks out in color and show people who are interested some of your work. No one can find anything negative to say about that tide study. In fact most are speechless.

I didn't know where to post this so I chose here. Please move it if you want.
Matthew J. Barth

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2013, 09:36:41 AM »

Ric,
That is disappointing for a couple of reasons:  What is it then?  If from the NC, then the theory about the wreckage all being 'down stream' could be wrong.  Those items are 'up stream'.  If the Lectra was beaten up bad enough to open it's guts, maybe one or two of the tanks came out.  They would try to float....somewhat....and they would not apear as A/C wreckage either. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »

That is disappointing for a couple of reasons:  What is it then?  If from the NC, then the theory about the wreckage all being 'down stream' could be wrong.  Those items are 'up stream'.

Disappointing???  How so? The anomaly is way too far north to be NC wreckage.  That's very, very good. We know where the stern of NC went.  We found it at about 1,000 ft depth  directly behind the shipwreck.  It's not surprising that tons of ship structure tumbling down the reef slope were apparently not effected by the current. 
The anomaly is several hundred meters "upstream" and shallower (600 ft). 

If the Lectra was beaten up bad enough to open it's guts, maybe one or two of the tanks came out.  They would try to float....somewhat....and they would not apear as A/C wreckage either.

True. I fully expect that the underside of the aircraft was ripped open when the plane was pushed along the reef surface on it's belly before going over the edge.  That why it sank so fast.  The fuel drains for the fuselage tanks were on the belly.  If they're ripped open the tanks, which were vented on the top, will quickly fill.

Also, think about the airplane parts found by TIGHAR or said to have been seen by PBY pilot John Mims in the village.  Sheet aluminum, control cables, heat shields that (we theorize) were once nailed to the wooden floor, plexiglas from a cabin window - if that stuff is from the Electra, the fuselage was breached before the airplane sank into the depths.  The fuselage of that airplane was not an empty shell with some fuel tanks.  It was packed with cables, wires, pipes, conduit, gear motor, flap motor, actuating tubes, spare parts, tools, Fred's navigation station, etc. A sinking fuselage with it's belly ripped out would likely be trailing its intestines like a whale gutted by sharks.  None of the guts, including crushed fuel tanks, would necessarily look like airplane wreckage.  They might just show up as a trail of small targets strung out behind the fuselage with only the bigger chunks throwing a low shadow.

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2013, 10:28:48 AM »

Not the anomaly.  "Disappointing" that the Dash and Dot have been 'identified' as non aircraft.  My point, obviously poorly made, is that they are in the right direction to have come from the Lectra....not from the NC.  Is there any other source of wreckage but those two?  If not, then they came from the NC....and that, to me, doesn't seem likely. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »

Not the anomaly.  "Disappointing" that the Dash and Dot have been 'identified' as non aircraft.  My point, obviously poorly made, is that they are in the right direction to have come from the Lectra....not from the NC.  Is there any other source of wreckage but those two?  If not, then they came from the NC....and that, to me, doesn't seem likely.

It's hard to say how far they are from the ship.  If they were anything but easily explainable wreckage (i.e. ship debris or something the Kiwis left there themselves) it seems like someone would have noticed.

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »

Well, no one "noticed" Nessie for 70 years.  It just seems to me to be something(s) where there shouldn't be something.   Again, that is why I was interested in exactly where they were.  UNFORTUNATELY, another 'issue' has to take precedence over the investigation for a while.   
TIGHAR Member #4154

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org