Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amelia, one of my Aviation Heroes!  (Read 5600 times)

Carlos Enrique

• T1
Amelia, one of my Aviation Heroes!
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »

Hello,

I am Carlos. I love this place!! what a wonderful forum this is!!!

I am a commercial pilot and flight instructor. I learned to fly the "stick and rudder" way. I flew Cessnas 185's Bellanca Scouts and lastly, Helio Couriers. Currently I fly King Airs.
In my spare time I do Aviation metal art. I also design, build and fly large scale RC models
I have been following Amelia's Earhart story, Since I was a kid, I always enjoyed her aviation experiences.
I have been inspired to build a 1/5th scale Lockheed 10E in order to honor Amelia's endeavor. This will be a long time project. I have built large RC single engine airplanes..
I am wondering where could I find accurate drawings of her airplane showing details such as skin rivets, panel joins and riveting patterns, This info I am looking for is NOT for financial gain, but for my enjoyment.
Any help will be highly appreciated..

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Amelia, one of my Aviation Heroes!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »

Hello Carlos,

It sounds like what you need are the Harney Drawings available through the TIGHAR Store. 
We're out of stock on the printed folios but we can send you the full set of drawings on disc as either Adobe Illustrator files or PDFs as you prefer.

Gus Rubio

• T2
Re: Amelia, one of my Aviation Heroes!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »

Welcome, Carlos!  I love those large-scale RC planes.  Good luck with your build, I would love to see pictures of your progress and the finished result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org