Advanced search  

Poll

In Reply #24 to the "Summary of Debris" thread, there is a scale for the picture of the scallop shell.

2 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
 5 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
 8 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
13 centimeters
- 1 (6.3%)
18 centimeters
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Summary of Debris from 2010 Video  (Read 422502 times)

william patterson

• T1
Re: Summary of Debris from 2010 Video
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »

Tim, after reading lots of interesting archive material,
I found this thread (frankly stating some incredible claims),and you seem to be the number one poster, with a large number of members saying you are not seeing right,  so can I ask that you perhaps use another forma,t besides .png? I cannot seem to open them or if someone can explain how?
The JPEGS of course I can open easily, and honestly I don't see one plane part, or body, nothing but silt and coral rock. Maybe the PNG files show something I am missing. thank you.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »

William, the .png files are the output of FastStone Capture app, which is the only such tool I am able to use. I either click on the photo I-D under the picture or on the picture itself, and always get the expanded image. It may loose some definition from the original. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help. :)
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Will Hatchell

• inactive
  • "Down to the nitty-gritty"
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

William--

You should be able to set your system's image reader app (Adobe Photoshop, Image Viewer, etc.) to automatically open and view .png files, whether you have a Mac or PC, and it should work by default. Check your settings/preferences, or get some geek's assistance if you know one. Good luck.  :)

Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »

Maybe the PNG files show something I am missing. thank you.

Download and install xnview at xnview.com. It's a great FREE viewer. Handles almost all common formats.
------
Doug

william patterson

• T1
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »

William--

You should be able to set your system's image reader app (Adobe Photoshop, Image Viewer, etc.) to automatically open and view .png files, whether you have a Mac or PC, and it should work by default. Check your settings/preferences, or get some geek's assistance if you know one. Good luck.  :)

I did and thanks. For some reason my setup didnt have a png file association. I can finally view these images. Appreciate all the help.

Will Hatchell

• inactive
  • "Down to the nitty-gritty"
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »

My pleasure, and welcome to the forum!  :)
Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

Sorry but when did we start advertising non Amelia Earhart related products ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2012, 05:25:18 PM »

Sorry but when did we start advertising non Amelia Earhart related products ?

Richie, surely you can see that Amelia and Fred both wore UGGs!
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »

Maybe so Tim

But it has nothing to do with search, So unless Tighar has give approval i.e sponsor wise.

It's irrelevant an should be put under say, the membership etc group

In my opinion  :) 

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »

Rain, cold. nothing else.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »

LOL!!!!!!
I was talking about SC Jeff!!!!!!
Yep  bet it was cold and raining in Seattle too.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2012, 06:24:12 AM »

It was rainy and cold in Seattle on Tuesday, but Jeff Glickman's welcome and hospitality could not have been warmer. Having spent an entire day with him reviewing various facets of the Nikumaroro search, I am of the opinion that Jeff is not only extremely talented and intelligent, but also of the highest integrity and honor. We both are of like mind on many issues, including those unrelated to TIGHAR.

I certainly do not want to put words in Jeff's mouth, but I did conclude after all those hours of study that his mind was totally open to the possibility that some of the components we studied together were potentially identifiable as parts from a particular aircraft. Because Jeff uses a rigorous and complicated methodology to ascertain the authenticity of anything he is studying, he naturally needs time to perform all the appropriate reviews in a careful and unrushed manner. I think he has prioritized in his own mind which components will be the most easy to reach a considered judgement. I was heartened, as the day passed, that Jeff was able to incorporate new information and agree in real time that his particular opinion might have to undergo change.

As I do not feel that it would be fair to Jeff for me to disclose in any greater particularity what aspects might be at the top of his priorities, I shall not elaborate in greater detail here. But I will say again that my trip to Seattle was definitely worth the time and effort, as I do hope that the more information is brought to bear in the resolution of the Earhart mystery, the sooner a final answer can be attained.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »

I have spoken with Jeff and I entirely concur with Tim's excellent characterization of the meeting.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »

And now, back to work.

If the attached picture shows a detached human hand, then it certainly gives scale to the HF antenna cable.

I found the fingers; someone else I know found the thumb.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »

Ok Tim. But where are some main components of the airframe? Oh---the ones that arent covered by debris, or look like other things.
Seeing 'fingers' that are on a submerged rock,( or other formation) is fine. So---is the other parts of identifiable airframe at a much lower depth?  I know you cant divulge what Jeff may have seen, but in the interest of logic, I dont think you can base a new expedition on a pic of presumed fingers. Because, if that were the case, you couldnt go retreve them anyway. As a potential gravesite, I really think you would have to have alot more factual evidence before you can convince the Kiribati Govt that you need to get the bones for possible DNA extraction.  Maybe i'm out out of line here.
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org