Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Black and White Video of the Debris Field  (Read 63810 times)

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
2012 Black and White Video of the Debris Field
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:08:10 AM »

Attached is a still from the 2012 Black and White Video of the Debris Field
A pdf is also attached with annotations for suspected objects.
I labeled the objects based on the post number and gave each object a letter. For example "1A" is object A in post 1. It may help to keep track of things.

The interesting area is at the bottom mostly to the right.

I don't know what these objects are but am pretty sure 1 A and 1B are man made. See attached PDF
1A- looks like a radio with dials
1B- possible gas tank
1C- possible skin /section of plane which may have protected the tank from being covered up by a landslide, or coral

Edit: Added a crop with auto adjust. The radio looking object is left of the tank looking object
3971R

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:02:49 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
Re: 2012 Black and White Video
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »

Attached are stills from the Black and White video of the Debris field.
edit: added pdf with annotations of objects from "bigscreen" image posted earlier
3971R

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:24:40 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
Re: 2012 Black and White Video of the Debris Field
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:35:03 PM »

From the BW4 ac image in post 2, cropped and enlarged.
This object is sticking straight up near the center about 1/3 from bottom in the original image.
It looks like a small wheel on a rod. In the image coral seems to be growing like vines around the rod.
3971R

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:19:40 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Ron Jensen

• T1
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 12:30:11 AM »

I was thinking a section of tire casing for what you labeled "Possible Fender," but I think you may be right, that does look like a main gear fender. However, the first thing that jumped out at me when I watched the hires video was what you labeled 1B. It looks like a rim to me, there may still be bits of rubber clinging along the edges, and it scales nicely to the "Possible Fender" as well.

Ron

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »

I was thinking a section of tire casing for what you labeled "Possible Fender," but I think you may be right, that does look like a main gear fender. However, the first thing that jumped out at me when I watched the hires video was what you labeled 1B. It looks like a rim to me, there may still be bits of rubber clinging along the edges, and it scales nicely to the "Possible Fender" as well.

Ron

Hi Ron and welcome,
See the Research Bulletin on the Debris Field. It has more on the possible fender Tighar is looking at. I'm not sure it is a fender myself. Attached is a picture of a landing gear with wheel hub/rim?
I gave the objects names in my post but that is just what the objects look like to me. The "radio" looking thing may be guide wheels for retracting something instead of dials and the "tank" may be internal structure or sand. They look man made to me.
3971R

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:46:04 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Will Hatchell

• inactive
  • "Down to the nitty-gritty"
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »

Attached is a picture of a landing gear with wheel hub/rim

Greg-

Can you please identify that landing gear (fork)? Was wondering what crash site it's from. It's a nice close-up view of one! Kind thanks

Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »

Attached is a picture of a landing gear with wheel hub/rim

Greg-

Can you please identify that landing gear (fork)? Was wondering what crash site it's from. It's a nice close-up view of one! Kind thanks

It is from the Kellogg crash. There are a couple of crash sites that Tighar investigated with good pictures that may help when looking at video. Another is the Gillam crash site.

edit: note the two tabs which may be for attaching the fender visible on the fork
3971R

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:27:09 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Will Hatchell

• inactive
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »

It is from the Kellog crash. There are a couple of crash sites that Tighar investigated with good pictures that may help when looking at video. Another is the Gillam crash site.

edit: note the two tabs which may be for attaching the fender visible on the fork

I thank you kindly, Greg!  :)

Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 03:24:57 PM »

Hi All

Not sure what to make of this perfectly circle object, It stand's out because there is no other's like it in area

Would like second opinion  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Will Hatchell

• inactive
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »

Not sure what to make of this perfectly circle object, It stand's out because there is no other's like it in area

Would like second opinion

Richie, to my untrained eye, I've got to say that it certainly looks like a metal wheel rim more than anything else, and then there is that fork-like object immediately to its right side; lots of man-made  :-\ objects in that view, for example, in the lower left corner of the close-up view you include, there is a suspicious looking rectangular object. I'm sorry I can't offer anything further to help you.

Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »

Hi Will

At the minute we can only speculate what some images are of, Am awaiting to know how Tim gets on with Jeff Glickman tomorrow.

While am 100% certain there is aircraft debris in 2010 video, There are other's with better suited backgrounds in photo interpretation than my self, And i believe it will probably be a long time from now, that the new debris field will lead to the area in 2010 video.

However i am hopeful of a more easier approach, I have been searching internet for dive's that have taken place on the reef at Niku an here is one image with object highlighted with red line round it, This is a dive on western reef face

No doubt it's probably a large rock but due to some of it's curves i feel it's worth getting second opinion

Member# 416

Dan Kelly

• T3
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 04:43:11 PM »

No doubt it's probably a large rock but due to some of it's curves i feel it's worth getting second opinion

Second opinion - large rock.

Will Hatchell

• inactive
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »

You both may be correct, however, what nags me is: if it is a rock, it's a very unnatural looking chunk of coral rock!  :-\
Very unnatural looking.

Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »

Thanks Dan

It always good to get second opinion, So may i ask your opinion on this image which is also from Pipa website

Object circled in red

Member# 416

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »

Am awaiting to know how Tim gets on with Jeff Glickman tomorrow.

Richie, sorry but meeting is not for a week yet: 11th in Seattle.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org